Campbell County
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 329 on 4th July 2021, 4:18 am
Top posting users this month
No user

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

Authors Anyone?

5 posters

Go down

Authors Anyone? Empty Authors Anyone?

Post by mymustang12 23rd July 2012, 7:19 pm

This is a really fun game that my family loves to play! And I am sure that you all have heard of it before....
So this is how it goes, one person starts a story and the next person will add another part to it. [Yes it is similar to Odyssey RPG, only that I am not putting any restrictions on the theme or characters]. Also, I want to give one of you the chance to start off our story! However, if someone hasn't posted by the time I login next, I will start the story. Wink Can't wait to see what you all write!

mymustang12

Back to top Go down

Authors Anyone? Empty Re: Authors Anyone?

Post by HannahJ. 23rd July 2012, 7:23 pm

I'll play!
HannahJ.
HannahJ.

http://me4theking.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mymustang12 23rd July 2012, 7:27 pm

HannahJ. wrote:I'll play!

Alright.... You start!

mymustang12

Back to top Go down

Post by HannahJ. 24th July 2012, 7:23 am

Once upon a time there was a Maiden of Virtue who lived in..
HannahJ.
HannahJ.

Back to top Go down

Post by mymustang12 24th July 2012, 5:32 pm

I think I forgot to clarify that your post should be a little longer..... you can post as much as you want, but make sure to leave it off at an interesting peak for the next person!

mymustang12

Back to top Go down

Post by HannahJ. 24th July 2012, 6:42 pm

England she was Beautiful! Blond hair and Green Eyes. She Played the Harp and Guitar. Wore Long dresses and curly hair but then..
HannahJ.
HannahJ.

Back to top Go down

Post by mymustang12 26th July 2012, 6:16 pm

Then one day something very tragic happened.

It would have been a normally beautiful day in the Kingdom; clear blue skies with a slight breeze. A harsh winter had just ended and everything was vibrant and alive.

The Maiden of Virtue lived in a cottage just outside of the Main Square. It was a cozy little home, furnished with only what the family needed.
When you first entered there humble home, you would find yourself in a very large room.
"It tisn't much", her mother used to say, "But you all make it a home."

At one end of the room you would find the Kitchen. This place was where Virtue and her sister, Mercy spent time with their mother learning to cook. There was a long wooden table with 6 chairs, lined against the farther most wall. This was where most of the family conversations took place, most that is unless they were in the living room.
On the one long couch is where their father would read the Bible to them every night, and their mother would sit mending or folding, what seemed to be the endless piles of laundry.
There was a small rocking chair in the corner and a few scattered toys, where their little two year old brother, Valiant would play.
Of course there had to be room for the other kids! They usually piled on the couch next to father, or sat on the floor with their favorite blanket.

That would lead us to the bedrooms: Three small rooms. Each fashioned with homemade decorations, there was the big one for Mother and Father, and two smaller ones for the boy's and the girl's. Each held a bed, a table and lamp, and a small chest of drawers. The girls dresses were hung up in an wardrobe.

Thus completes your tutorial of our fair Maiden's house, humble but comfortable.

Ok sorry guy's I kinda got carried away with this. Smile
I know I didn't finish the part about the tragedy, but that and the rest of the details are for you to put next....
Don't worry, I won't be scarce! I can't wait to see what becomes of our story! Smile

mymustang12

Back to top Go down

Post by underseasie 29th July 2012, 3:42 pm

I'll play too! One day her littlest brother fell sick with a strange illness. No one could figure out what it was, but the boy became sicker and sicker, until one day a medical student came through the town. He noticed how bright and clean the houses seemed until he came to Virture's home. All was dark and appeared to be empty, until he heard a cry of pain from the little boy, whose name was Johnny. The student jumped off his horse and walked up the path and knocked on the door.
underseasie
underseasie
Elected Official
Elected Official

Back to top Go down

Post by CreativeThinker101 8th August 2012, 10:48 pm

Wow, you are all quite the talented writers, particularly you mustang! Alright, I'm in.

Mercy answered it. She saw a handsome young man, his head held high in arrogance. He was dressed in purple, the color of royalty, and was clean-shaven. Mercy also noted that he had rings on every one of his delicate fingers.
"Hello?" she asked the strange young man at the door.
"Hello. My name is Edward, and I am a medical student. I often probe the city, looking to find sick people for me to heal. And I usually get paid handsomely for it. I love money, I always have."
"Well," Mercy replied. "I'm afraid we don't have much money here. But it's funny you should mention it, our Johnny is sick! The nurses have been trying to cure him, but they are rather incompetent, I'm afraid."
Edward chortled. He enjoyed laughing at others incompetence, as he considered himself a very talented young man. His late father was ambitious and even had a hint of wickedness, and Edward took after him.
"I would be happy to cure your Johnny. But as I said before, I need money. I'm saving for a golden goblet."
Mercy turned pale. She desperately cared for Johnny, and no one else could heal him, but she knew her mother and father needed all their money to buy food for everyone.
I suppose the health of their children is more important, Mercy thought. But perhaps the reason Johnny is feeling sick is because he's being underfed, and mother and father need money to feed him! Mercy was so distressed she almost started to cry. But she wiped her tears away, as she didn't want to embarrass herself in front of a handsome stranger.
"Are you alright, Miss -?" the handsome stranger said with almost contempt.
"Mercy. Call me, Mercy."
"Whatever. Are you alright, Miss Mercy?"
"Me? I'm fine. I'll go ask mother and father how much money we have."
Mercy abruptly disappeared into her quaint little cottage. She walked past her sister, Virture, and had a brief conversation about philosophy. Well, Mercy had to admit it wasn't exactly brief. She stumbled into the kitchen where she found her mother, who was tending to the crockpot.

Sorry it's so long, but I love writing fiction. Someone else continue!

CreativeThinker101

http://www.justanotheraioblog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th August 2012, 11:08 pm

"Whats a matter Dear?" asked her mother
"Oh Mom There's a man at the door who is a doctor!
He is willing to help johnny.......but he wants money."
Do we have any money to spare?" Asked Mercy.
Honey we only have a couple coins left for our food, we can't spare for johnny, also I'm not sure if we would have enough unless......I think I have an idea which might work." Said Her Mother.

Someone else take it from there!Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanCummings 4th December 2012, 10:35 pm

Mercy looked at her mother in confusion. "What manner of idea?" she asked.
"Bring that young man in here and let me speak to him." Mercy, while she didn't know her mother's intentions, obeyed, and went to the door.
"My mom says you can come in now." she said to the young medical student. As he walked through the door and surveyed the house, he carried his medical bag into the room where the boy and mother were.
"Thank you for coming sir." The mother said kindly. "We were starting to lose hope for our son. You are an answer to prayer."
"Well of course I am! Hopefully you will be an answer to my prayer for monetary provision. Now, how much are you willing to pay for me to heal this boy?"
"How much money do you require? What is it you need the money for?" asked the mother.
"Well, as I told her" He said gesturing towards Mercy, "I am saving up for a Golden Goblet."
"OH! That would cost very much indeed. Tell me, why do you want a golden goblet?"
"That is my business. Now, let us go over the topic of payment for this boy's diagnosis. How much money do you have?"
RyanCummings
RyanCummings
Campbell County General Manager
Campbell County General Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum