Campbell County
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 329 on 4th July 2021, 4:18 am
Top posting users this month
No user

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

Making Christmas Special

4 posters

Go down

Making Christmas Special Empty Making Christmas Special

Post by Bren 28th November 2012, 5:29 pm

It seems I make this topic every year but we have a new crew around. In short, it's just me and mom here and as is the case with a lot of people, money is tight. Do you have any suggestions for how to keep it from being just another day?
Bren
Bren
CC Founder
CC Founder

http://www.campbellcountymb.com

Back to top Go down

Making Christmas Special Empty Re: Making Christmas Special

Post by Sunshine 28th November 2012, 6:21 pm

Part of what makes Christmas special to me is that we all take time to actually sit down, and open gifts together. My family is always so rushed with schedules and stuff, it's nice to just sit down, and talk, and laugh. Share a funny Christmas song on youtube, laugh as you tell the story of all the work you had to do to get that one specific Christmas present, etc.
Sunshine
Sunshine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason 29th November 2012, 9:44 pm

It may be hard, but maybe find a game the two of you could play. A card game with playing cards, or others like dutch blitz etc. And talk while doing so. There's also many Christmas movies that you could sit and watch if you're into that kind of thing.
Jason
Jason
Banker
Banker

http://fjayodysseyreport.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by orangie 1st December 2012, 7:37 pm

Jason wrote:It may be hard, but maybe find a game the two of you could play. A card game with playing cards, or others like dutch blitz etc. And talk while doing so. There's also many Christmas movies that you could sit and watch if you're into that kind of thing.

Those are good ideas. My mom has been trying to teach us how to play dutch blitz. Is it really complicated?
orangie
orangie

Location : I'm not at liberty to discuss this with anyone. That means you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren 3rd December 2012, 6:39 pm

Somehow I doubt there will be any presents this year. Crying
Bren
Bren
CC Founder
CC Founder

http://www.campbellcountymb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason 3rd December 2012, 11:59 pm

orangie wrote:
Jason wrote:It may be hard, but maybe find a game the two of you could play. A card game with playing cards, or others like dutch blitz etc. And talk while doing so. There's also many Christmas movies that you could sit and watch if you're into that kind of thing.

Those are good ideas. My mom has been trying to teach us how to play dutch blitz. Is it really complicated?

It's not too bad. There's some setup involved but beyond that it comes pretty easily.

Bren wrote:Somehow I doubt there will be any presents this year. Crying

You could always be creative with gift ideas. You could write her a letter, or make a list of things you love about her. You could also make a quirky gift basket with things around the house and attach a note that explains a meaning behind each item.

Sometimes the best gift is being together. Smile
Jason
Jason
Banker
Banker

http://fjayodysseyreport.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine 4th December 2012, 3:15 pm

Jason wrote:
Bren wrote:Somehow I doubt there will be any presents this year. Crying

You could always be creative with gift ideas. You could write her a letter, or make a list of things you love about her. You could also make a quirky gift basket with things around the house and attach a note that explains a meaning behind each item.
Putting together gifts with at-home-items is really fun (I've done it a lot). In the past, we've made a bunch of hot cocoa mixes for someone (2 Tbsp. sugar, 1 Tbsp. cocoa, and 1/3 cup instant dry milk powder - makes 1 cup of hot cocoa each). If you have 3x5" cards handy, you could write a bunch of cool quotes, Bible verses, or sayings on them, and put them in a box. Just a few ideas for you. =)
Sunshine
Sunshine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down