Campbell County
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 329 on 4th July 2021, 4:18 am
Top posting users this month
No user

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

Give This Christmas Away Challenge!!

2 posters

Go down

Give This Christmas Away Challenge!! Empty Give This Christmas Away Challenge!!

Post by Sunshine 3rd December 2012, 9:36 pm

The one thing that I especially like about Christmas time, is giving! But each year when I plan gifts, I'm limited, depending on how much money I've saved. When I read Matthew West's book "101 Simple and Thoughtful Ways to Give This Christmas Away," I realized that I'm not limited to just giving material items.

This is why I'm so excited to bring to you this year... Very Happy

ahem, drum roll please -

*drum roll is heard in the background*

Give This Christmas Away Challenge!!

*clapping and cheering are heard in the background*

This year, I would like to challenge you (that includes you, admins) to give this Christmas away. =) It's not as hard as it might sound. Basically, by the phrase 'give this Christmas away,' I mean to spread the love that God showed us by giving us His only Son - to spread the true meaning of Christmas.

Giving can be as simple as smiling and saying "hello" to different people who come across your path daily. It can be as simple as saying an encouraging word to someone: "You look really good in that sweater!" "Thanks so much for breakfast, I really enjoyed it!" "Nice job getting [insert here] done so quickly!" etc. It can be as simple as giving a hug. To the guys - seriously, don't skip over this one. Even a quick hug for your sister and/or mom can mean a lot! I know from personal experience (as a sister). Wink

To participate:
Spoiler:

IMPORTANT REMINDER: God is the One Who will do the work in these people's lives. He's the One Who will spread His love through us. That is why it's so important to spend time in the mornings with Him (even if it's only 10 minutes or so). Pray that God will work through us, and that He will bring the right people into our lives. Read the Bible, and get "filled" with His love! And He promises to us:

"“If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. Whoever believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’”" (John 7:37b-38)

Isn't that an awesome promise?!

Prize:
Spoiler:

*IDEAS LIST*
Spoiler:
Sunshine
Sunshine

Back to top Go down

Give This Christmas Away Challenge!! Empty Re: Give This Christmas Away Challenge!!

Post by Sko 3rd December 2012, 11:13 pm

I'm taking the challenge, starting with hugging my sister, which will be... out of character. But I'll do it anyways.
Sko
Sko
On Vacation
On Vacation

http://tech.ryanhoots.com/

Back to top Go down

Give This Christmas Away Challenge!! Empty Re: Give This Christmas Away Challenge!!

Post by Sunshine 5th December 2012, 3:35 pm

RyanHoots wrote:I'm taking the challenge, starting with hugging my sister, which will be... out of character. But I'll do it anyways.
Awesomeness. I'm sure she way surprised, but pleased. Yes

I made my sister's bed today. -Just a small thing, but I think she appreciated it. =)
Sunshine
Sunshine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down