Campbell County
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 329 on 4th July 2021, 4:18 am
Top posting users this month
No user

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

How Far Do You Take Modesty?

+26
AudPod
Grim Robot Bunny
Jericho
orangie
Pound Foolish
Jesusfreak97
UNCLEBITTLES
Jason
Sunshine
Sko
Renae
Batgirl
God's Girl
Shalom
Thor's Hammer
Jimmy Barclay
Amarinda
T.S. (myself)
Kaida
capeng
Metal15
underseasie
Maya R
Suzy
Maria
Bren
30 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

How Far Do You Take Modesty? - Page 3 Empty How Far Do You Take Modesty?

Post by Bren 25th February 2013, 8:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

This could turn into a debate which would be cool with the dead debate faction...Anyway, how far do you take modesty? I personally don't see anything wrong with wearing shorts showing my knees if I'm at home or with some guy friends but I probably wouldn't around girls. These days it's not hard to be a stumbling block to someone and I wouldn't want to cause a girl to stumble.
Bren
Bren
CC Founder
CC Founder

http://www.campbellcountymb.com

Back to top Go down

How Far Do You Take Modesty? - Page 3 Empty Re: How Far Do You Take Modesty?

Post by Pound Foolish 11th April 2013, 2:12 pm

Ignore her, Shalom. Razz By the way, ha ha, glad you feel better.
Sunshine, what's so different about a girl's stomach? A stomach is a stomach is a stomach. And frankly, if a guy has lustful thoughts because of tight clothes, he has even less self control than me... and that's saying something.
Jason, sorry, I took what you said the wrong way. It sounded a bit like you were saying children should accept their parents' ideals over their own. If you were just saying that's often what happens, that's true enough. Young children tend to just believe whatever their parents do.
Still, it's to be encouraged when a child's beliefs are different and they stand up for them.
Sigh, Sko was certainly right that people won't give this a rest... Wink

Pound Foolish

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason 11th April 2013, 4:18 pm

Pound Foolish wrote:
Jason, sorry, I took what you said the wrong way. It sounded a bit like you were saying children should accept their parents' ideals over their own. If you were just saying that's often what happens, that's true enough. Young children tend to just believe whatever their parents do.

Well aren't we instructed to obey our parents? As a child I'm not likely to question what I'm being taught. It's a part of faith development. If my parents instruct me to wear a shirt when swimming I should do so without argument until I'm old enough to decide whether or not I agree with them. Whether or not it should happen, a child understands to a point but they don't understand fully. We all reach a point where we take those teachings and really believe them.
Jason
Jason
Banker
Banker

http://fjayodysseyreport.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine 12th April 2013, 3:22 pm

Pound Foolish wrote:Sunshine, what's so different about a girl's stomach? A stomach is a stomach is a stomach. And frankly, if a guy has lustful thoughts because of tight clothes, he has even less self control than me... and that's saying something.
xD I agree - a stomach is a stomach. Wink But I know that some guys can are more sensitive about those things than others. We want to let others see Christ in and through us, and we don't want our physical parts to be a distraction to that.
Sunshine
Sunshine

Back to top Go down

Post by Renae 12th April 2013, 7:19 pm

Pound Foolish wrote:
When you really love the beach... really love it... when it's
part of your heart... you get this funny idea in your head. Namely, the idea of
swimming is to (gasp) feel the water on your skin. That's just he way it is.
You feel the surge of a wave against your body, warm sand embracing you, sun
shine on your chest while floating on your back atop the sea... and in your
heart, it just seems so great.

THIS. IS. ME. How Far Do You Take Modesty? - Page 3 465259
Renae
Renae

Location : ...I'll be in a different place every time you read this...

Back to top Go down

Post by Jericho 6th June 2013, 4:59 pm

there aren't any beaches or decent pools around here really, so I haven't gone swimming in quite a while. but of course modesty comes into play beyond that. I try to just buy clothes that isn't too tight, and that's more comfortable as well as modest. Wink Sometimes that is hard to do, though. Wink And avoid crazy cleavage Razz I don't think shorts or pants are a terrible thing as long as they fit right and shorts aren't crazy short.
Except in the case of bren's knees!!!! Twisted Evil
Jericho
Jericho

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarinda 6th June 2013, 7:18 pm

Jericho wrote:there aren't any beaches or decent pools around here really, so I haven't gone swimming in quite a while. but of course modesty comes into play beyond that. I try to just buy clothes that isn't too tight, and that's more comfortable as well as modest. Wink Sometimes that is hard to do, though. Wink And avoid crazy cleavage Razz I don't think shorts or pants are a terrible thing as long as they fit right and shorts aren't crazy short.

why do you have a problem with tight clothes? because if God really thought our figure was bad to show than He wouldn't have made us like the way we are.

Amarinda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine 6th June 2013, 7:26 pm

Amarinda wrote:
Jericho wrote:there aren't any beaches or decent pools around here really, so I haven't gone swimming in quite a while. but of course modesty comes into play beyond that. I try to just buy clothes that isn't too tight, and that's more comfortable as well as modest. Wink Sometimes that is hard to do, though. Wink And avoid crazy cleavage Razz I don't think shorts or pants are a terrible thing as long as they fit right and shorts aren't crazy short.

why do you have a problem with tight clothes? because if God really thought our figure was bad to show than He wouldn't have made us like the way we are.
I know that you aren't asking me directly, but this same question came up a little while ago, so I quote myself from above:
Spoiler:

Seriously, though. Because this seems to be a repeating question/discussion, what do you all think about what I said? Do you agree or disagree with certain points? Why? I don't want to be just stating what "I believe to be right" and say that you have to believe it too. I think it's an important thing to look into. Smile (In this case, would it be good to make a separate topic...?)
Sunshine
Sunshine

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarinda 6th June 2013, 7:29 pm

@Sunny, well I think it's ok to show the curve of your body but when it gets to short shorts and your chest hanging out than that's going too far but I think it's perfectly fine to wear clothing that shows the curves of your body.

Amarinda

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren 6th June 2013, 7:36 pm

When you wear tight clothes, it does all kinds of things to a guys mind when he sees that. There are somethings that weren't meant for anyone but your husband to see. If I wanted to see how big a girls rear end was or where her cheeks meet, I'd ask. Otherwise, don't try to show me with skin tight clothes.
Bren
Bren
CC Founder
CC Founder

http://www.campbellcountymb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarinda 6th June 2013, 7:37 pm

@Bren, well maybe some guys are like that but not all are and I'm not going to wear sacks just because some guy is having sick thought.

Amarinda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine 6th June 2013, 7:48 pm

Bren, that's the same thing I hear from my dad and brother, which is try to be careful. But, Amarinda, not all curves showing are bad. Most of the clothes showing curves are, unfortunately, because that's what girls are hoping to draw attention to. But sometimes, I'll find clothes that show my curves very slightly, but my mom thinks that it's fine. If you want to be careful of tight clothes, shopping is going to be harder, but I consider it worth it. (A helpful thing that I've found when clothes shopping, is asking my dad's or brother's opinion on clothes.) You'd be surprised at some of the pretty things that you can find even though they fit a bit looser. It's all about what you feel that God wants you to do. Yes I would encourage you to look into it, and pray about it (not that God is going draw you to the same conclusions about dressing that I have, but it's definitely a worthwhile subject to look into, and we should see how the LORD would have each of us handle the situation personally). Smile
Sunshine
Sunshine

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarinda 6th June 2013, 7:49 pm

huh I'm fine with my curves showing I have no problem what so ever with it and I said so, Sunny....

Amarinda

Back to top Go down

Post by Shalom 6th June 2013, 7:49 pm

I wear a burka and gloves for my hands and boots for my feet.None of my body shows and I must stay covered at all times.I haven't seen myself in over ten years.

Shalom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine 6th June 2013, 8:22 pm

Amarinda wrote:huh I'm fine with my curves showing I have no problem what so ever with it and I said so, Sunny....
I know, and I realize that we may stand differently in our beliefs concerning this matter, and it's fine. Yes But I was just saying that if you were to consider otherwise, it's not a hopeless effort in trying to find different clothes, and by no means does God call us to wear potato sacks! Wink

The reason that I personally try to be careful concerning the curves of my body, is because I am sensitive towards the guys and what they go through. I know how it is from my end, trying to direct thoughts (and eyes) elsewhere from things like falling down pants. Whistle Although because guys and girls are different, I believe that guys naturally have a harder time with opposite sex than girls do.

Shalom wrote:I wear a burka and gloves for my hands and boots for my feet.None of my body shows and I must stay covered at all times.I haven't seen myself in over ten years.
Haha. Actually, sometimes I wonder if people would be surprised to find out that I actually where pants a lot, and shorts sometimes too (skirts don't make up a huge amount of my wardrobe). Wink
Sunshine
Sunshine

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarinda 6th June 2013, 8:25 pm

well I don't look at guys pants falling down.....

Amarinda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine 6th June 2013, 8:27 pm

Amarinda wrote:well I don't look at guys pants falling down.....
I try not to either, but it's kind of disturbing when you can see their brand of underwear... Anxious
Sunshine
Sunshine

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria 6th June 2013, 9:14 pm

Sorry bren, i dont look at guys legs, you creep! Wink Actually, one time, one of my best guy friends said i had a good body and legs.... guess who was blushing? Wink I wanted to kill him! (:
Maria
Maria
Maria
Maria

Back to top Go down

Post by Jericho 7th June 2013, 9:29 am

Amarinda wrote:

lol i should clarify..... by tight clothes I mean basically painted on, crazy tight. Not just sort of form fitting. like skintight to the point of not being comfortable and only being worn for attention. lol plus it wouldn't really flatter my figure to dress that way personally!! Tongue out
Jericho
Jericho

Back to top Go down

Post by Thor's Hammer 7th June 2013, 12:18 pm

Sunshine wrote:
Amarinda wrote:well I don't look at guys pants falling down.....
I try not to either, but it's kind of disturbing when you can see their brand of underwear... Anxious
Then don't come here it is style to wear it low. Neutral

Thor's Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by underseasie 7th June 2013, 12:37 pm

Alright, here is a video that pretty much explains how I feel, starting at 1:28...you guys may have already covered this part, but I thought I'd post it just to see what you guys think..Wink
underseasie
underseasie
Elected Official
Elected Official

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarinda 7th June 2013, 6:00 pm

Ok well I don't even look at guys underwear I think it's stupid when they wear it like that
Oh ok, Jerico.

Amarinda

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria 8th June 2013, 1:20 pm

I know!!! It's like ewwwwww! Totally gross! Sure, i like wearing "tight" jeans, not so tight i cant even walk in them, but just a bit tight. i like sorta right shirts, idk why, i just do, it's not that i like the attention, i just look better in them then other t shirts
Maria
Maria
Maria
Maria

Back to top Go down

Post by Pound Foolish 11th June 2013, 6:44 pm

Hate to tell you, but almost all jeans slip down enough for you to see the brand of underwear. Personally though, I never read it. I prefer a fantasy novel. Underwear just isn't good reading.
Okay, sorry, done. I know that some of you are talking about the style that is really low, so that it dangles around your lower thighs. I don't know how gross those are... I've never worn them myself.
As for tight clothing, I concur with all who say super tight clothes are wrong. Obviously, showing our shape is horrible. We should never reveal our outlines. Modesty is lack of revealing our shape! Wait... if that's true, then logically, modesty doesn't exist. If it's lack of something, like darkness or silence, it's technically not there... which means your wearing NOTHING! Ahhh!
Wait... what am I saying? Anyhow, point is, whatever modesty is, it's not lack of revealed skin or lack of showing our figure.
(Honestly, we never have conversations this scandalous on SS. You Campbell County Citizens are psycho...
Love it!

Pound Foolish

Back to top Go down

Post by Renae 12th June 2013, 12:29 pm

I like this saying, "Your clothes should be tight enough to show that you are a woman, but lose enough to show that you are a lady." 
^^this is obviously for the gals Cool
Renae
Renae

Location : ...I'll be in a different place every time you read this...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine 12th June 2013, 1:10 pm

Wow... I seriously didn't mean to make that big of a deal about it.  Whistle

@Renae: That's the first time I've heard that saying, but I really like it.  Yes
Sunshine
Sunshine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next