Campbell County
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 329 on 4th July 2021, 4:18 am
Top posting users this month
No user

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

BSA Reverses Policy On Gay Scouts

3 posters

Go down

BSA Reverses Policy On Gay Scouts Empty BSA Reverses Policy On Gay Scouts

Post by Sunshine 25th May 2013, 12:21 pm

To sum it up:
Chris Hill and Peter Sprigg of USA Today wrote:On Thursday, delegates to the national convention of the Boy Scouts of America adopted a resolution to eliminate the longstanding policy barring "open and avowed homosexuals" from being Scouts (while maintaining the policy against homosexual Scoutmasters and adult volunteers).

This supposed compromise satisfies no one. Homosexual activists demand to be admitted to all phases of Scouting, while conservatives insist that being an "open and avowed homosexual" (not just someone who has privately experienced same-sex attractions) is inconsistent with the Scout's oath to be "morally straight." Giving an inch to the demands of political correctness will only put the Scouts on a slippery slope toward complete capitulation.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/05/25/boy-scouts-gay-god-column/2357959/

I find this very saddening. I hear that this means that Boy Scouts is letting them make their own decision on where they stand 'because their old enough to decide for themselves'. Yeah, right... okay... The Bible clearly states against homosexuality, and whether they are technically old enough to decide for themselves or not, nothing should be taught against the Bible. I know of at least two troops that are shutting down because of this policy, and I know that many people feel like that can't support and represent BSA anymore. It's really discouraging, because I've seen several boys turn into great young men through BSA... =(
Sunshine
Sunshine

Back to top Go down

BSA Reverses Policy On Gay Scouts Empty Re: BSA Reverses Policy On Gay Scouts

Post by Thor's Hammer 25th May 2013, 2:32 pm

Yeah I wish they could have remained strong on that point. They were up to this point a symbol against Homosexual.

Thor's Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sko 2nd June 2013, 12:24 pm

I'm pretty bummed out about this. The BSA policy changes don't fix the problem they're trying to fix, and the problem really shouldn't be a problem in the first place.

As the pastor at my church said a couple weeks ago, the lines of culture are being redrawn, and it's getting worse. It doesn't matter anymore if you're male or female, it just matters whether you're gay or straight. In short- they want you to do whatever you want. And all of you, if you know youself, know why doing whatever you want is a bad idea. Smile

I was recently reading about some new philosophies people are teaching... essentially, it boils down to, "We're going to be free of all restrictions, by forcing everyone around us to ignore God." So much for freedom. Rolling Eyes
Sko
Sko
On Vacation
On Vacation

http://tech.ryanhoots.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Thor's Hammer 2nd June 2013, 3:55 pm

Those thing have been taught since Dewey came around and you wonder why we have terrible politics. Most of the people from the hippies are in Congress.

Thor's Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down