Campbell County
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 329 on 4th July 2021, 4:18 am
Top posting users this month
No user

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

No More Narnia??!!

+8
underseasie
Amarinda
Maria
Thor's Hammer
Metal15
AudPod
God's Girl
capeng
12 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

No More Narnia??!! Empty No More Narnia??!!

Post by capeng 16th July 2013, 1:18 pm

Ok.  So I heard that they are going to be discontinuing the Narnia movie series....
Does anyone have confirmation on this or information about it?  They better not be!
capeng
capeng

Back to top Go down

No More Narnia??!! Empty Re: No More Narnia??!!

Post by God's Girl 16th July 2013, 1:28 pm

If this is true, part of me is disappointed, and the other part of me is a little glad..the only one of the movies I really like is The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. The rest aren't accurate to the books, and it drives me nuts.

Where did you hear this from? Last I heard there was another one in the works..The Magician's Nephew if I remember correctly?
God's Girl
God's Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by capeng 16th July 2013, 1:31 pm

That's what I heard too, originally.  Yes, the Magician's Nephew.  But then, the copyrights or leases or something legal ran out, so they delayed production another year, and now, I hear they've just given up on the series completely.  I really hope it ain't true.  I loved all 3 movies, even though they weren't perfectly fitted to the book.
capeng
capeng

Back to top Go down

Post by AudPod 16th July 2013, 1:34 pm

I really hope they don't. They're some of my favorite movies (with the exception of Prince Caspian) and I really hope they make more.
AudPod
AudPod
Elected Official
Elected Official

http://thelifeandtimesofaudreyk.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal15 16th July 2013, 1:42 pm

I found this on wikipedia about it(I'm not saying wiki is always completely accurate, though):

In October 2011, Douglas Gresham stated that Walden Media's contract with the C. S. Lewis estate had expired, with Walden Media no longer having exclusive purchasing rights to any further Narnia films. Thus any production of a future film is on hold indefinitely.
It was originally assumed that 2014 would be the earliest that production on another Narnia film could begin, according to the moratoriumplaced on the C. S. Lewis estate's right to sell the books' film option.[9][10][11] However, in May 2012, Gresham confirmed that technically any studio still has the option of making a Narnia film during the moratorium, but without the involvement of Walden Studios it cannot be released until 2018 at the earliest (the actual end year of the moratorium).[12] Gresham also hinted that Walden Media's lapse in renegotiating their contract with the C. S. Lewis estate was due to internal conflicts between both companies about the direction of future films.[12] Contrary to Walden Media's initial plan, Gresham stated that he plans for The Silver Chair to be the next film to be made, hinting that future films might be made independently.
Metal15
Metal15

http://metal15likesmetal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thor's Hammer 16th July 2013, 1:51 pm

Hmm well it wouldn't be bad if most of them were made independently. Though I wouldn't like it because they would have a lot of changes in actors.

Thor's Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria 16th July 2013, 2:40 pm

What?????????????? no!!!!!!! How heartbreaking!!! i wanted them to do the last battle first!!! :(
Maria
Maria
Maria
Maria

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarinda 16th July 2013, 2:54 pm

I think that they probably aren't going to make anymore cause like the 3 that they made were all kinda made you know like year after year and the last one they made was in like what 2011?

Amarinda

Back to top Go down

Post by underseasie 16th July 2013, 5:35 pm

AudPod wrote:I really hope they don't. They're some of my favorite movies (with the exception of Prince Caspian) and I really hope they make more.

You hate Prince Caspian, too? So far everyone else thinks it's a pretty good movie, but I think it could/should have been a lot better.
Anyways, it is a little disappointing to hear, I was looking forward to The Horse and His Boy.
underseasie
underseasie
Elected Official
Elected Official

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarinda 16th July 2013, 6:20 pm

Guys! you can stop saying you hope they don't stop making the movies cause THEY ARE NEVER EVER GOING TO MAKE ANY MORE IT'S OBVIOUS!

Amarinda

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesusfreak97 16th July 2013, 7:15 pm

Amarinda wrote:Guys! you can stop saying you hope they don't stop making the movies cause THEY ARE NEVER EVER GOING TO MAKE ANY MORE IT'S OBVIOUS!

No need to use Capital Letters, Amarinda. You don't know for sure that they will indeed Stop making them.

We are saying we " Hope " Because we enjoy the Narnia Series.
Jesusfreak97
Jesusfreak97
Elected Official
Elected Official

http://beautyfromashes2013.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesusfreak97 16th July 2013, 7:20 pm

Honestly I don't exactly " Hate" Prince Caspian. But they could of made it a bit better. The Lion, The witch and The Wardrobe.. Is the Best one yet.  And I sure do wish they don't discontinue making the series, I'm sure its hard to make a Whole Narnia Series in Movie Form. But least the Producers can make the Narnia Fans, Happy. And do it in Honor of C.S Lewis.

I really would love to see The Horse and His Boy & The Last Battle.
Jesusfreak97
Jesusfreak97
Elected Official
Elected Official

http://beautyfromashes2013.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarinda 16th July 2013, 7:30 pm

dude! it's totally obvious that they are done making them!

Amarinda

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal15 16th July 2013, 7:32 pm

Amarinda wrote:dude! it's totally obvious that they are done making them!
 Ok. You've said your piece, now calm down.
I for one also hope that they make more, I'm fairly certain that it's not just gonna be dropped.

Jesusfreak97 wrote:Honestly I don't exactly " Hate" Prince Caspian. But they could of made it a bit better. The Lion, The witch and The Wardrobe.. Is the Best one yet.  And I sure do wish they don't discontinue making the series, I'm sure its hard to make a Whole Narnia Series in Movie Form. But least the Producers can make the Narnia Fans, Happy. And do it in Honor of C.S Lewis.

I know, I'd LOVE to see them make The Last Battle, that's my favorite of the books. I used to listen to the audio tape of that, and I thought it was sooo epic, lol. Very Happy

Last edited by Jesusfreak97 on 17th July 2013, 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Double Posting.)
Metal15
Metal15

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal15 16th July 2013, 7:35 pm

Jesusfreak97 wrote:Honestly I don't exactly " Hate" Prince Caspian. But they could of made it a bit better. The Lion, The witch and The Wardrobe.. Is the Best one yet.  And I sure do wish they don't discontinue making the series, I'm sure its hard to make a Whole Narnia Series in Movie Form. But least the Producers can make the Narnia Fans, Happy. And do it in Honor of C.S Lewis.

I know, I'd LOVE to see them make The Last Battle, that's my favorite of the books. I used to listen to the audio tape of that, and I thought it was sooo epic, lol. Very Happy
Metal15
Metal15

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria 16th July 2013, 7:42 pm

Ok, i admit, i HATED prince caspion, the whole susan and caspian thing was disturbing...... but still, i love the books, and the first movie was excellent
Maria
Maria
Maria
Maria

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal15 16th July 2013, 7:47 pm

Maria wrote:Ok, i admit, i HATED prince caspion, the whole susan and caspian thing was disturbing...... but still, i love the books, and the first movie was excellent

Haha, yes, when I first saw Prince Caspian in the cinema I hated it too. But nowadays, I don't really mind the inaccuracy that much. But yeah, I think the first movie was the best.
Metal15
Metal15

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria 16th July 2013, 7:48 pm

I love how we all want them to make more movies, but hated some of them Wink
Maria
Maria
Maria
Maria

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarinda 16th July 2013, 7:51 pm

All I want them to know is that it's obvious they aren't going to make any more and the definitely aren't going to make the last battle cause they never even made that 1 in the older ones so they are totally not going to make it!

and, Maria, what's so great about not liking some of them? I like them all.

Last edited by Jesusfreak97 on 17th July 2013, 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Moderating.)

Amarinda

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria 16th July 2013, 7:54 pm

Girl, calm down.... No More Narnia??!! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIta80eYJPNQAK3k4mgTyxji17MgeJpZW8LBVVoiPoTKia5pNO0Q
Maria
Maria
Maria
Maria

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarinda 16th July 2013, 7:55 pm

I am calm! it's just sad to see a whole bunch of kids your age thinking this way. =]

Amarinda

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria 16th July 2013, 7:56 pm

a girl my age? that just sounds so sad....
Maria
Maria
Maria
Maria

Back to top Go down

Post by AudPod 16th July 2013, 7:57 pm

My personal favorite is The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I've seen that one twenty times, at least. But it's very close for TLTWTW. They did such an awesome job with it. I hadn't seen Prince Caspian prior to watching the other movies, and when I watched it, I found myself looking for spots on the wall or something. I mean, he's supposed to be a boy/teen, not 20! And the romance? Really? But even with that movie, the other two more than make up for it.

As much as I wish that they'd make more, I don't think they're going to. The majority of people only know the Narnia adventures with Peter, Susan, Lucy, and Edmund. Most don't know the characters of the other books. I know nothing about the licensing and all, so I can't comment on that.

And Amarinda, just let us dream. We get your point.
AudPod
AudPod
Elected Official
Elected Official

http://thelifeandtimesofaudreyk.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria 16th July 2013, 8:00 pm

Audrey.....you....rock Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
Maria
Maria
Maria
Maria

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarinda 16th July 2013, 8:03 pm

so how come she rocks? I was saying the exact same thing!

Amarinda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum