Campbell County
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 329 on 4th July 2021, 4:18 am
Top posting users this month
No user

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

Politically Correct: How far will we let it go?

5 posters

Go down

Politically Correct: How far will we let it go? Empty Politically Correct: How far will we let it go?

Post by Jason 2nd December 2012, 10:18 pm

Many have started this thing of politically correct when pertaining to Christmas and other things. I read this and believe it was written out of fun. However it kind of makes me think.

Politically Correct 12 Days of Christmas
Spoiler:

Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder how far it will go. Already people in stores, restaurants, and schools are requested to say "Happy Holidays" instead of MERRY CHRISTMAS.

What would it look lie if other carols were reformated to be "politically correct"

O Christmas Tree
Spoiler:

We Wish you a Merry Christmas
Spoiler:

Honestly this scares me. I like to joke about it, but what will Christmas become? Will it become a strictly Christian Holiday, and a new name for the day spring forth to satisfy those who are "offended". What about us? Isn't it offensive to us that people want to spread "Holiday Cheer" by saying Happy Holidays, instead of MERRY CHRISTMAS? My point here is that even among the discrepancies and controversies, we must make a stand for what we believe in.

Ahem... Allow me to get off my soapbox. What is your thoughts on what Christmas is becoming/Happy Holidays and etc?

Jason
Jason
Banker
Banker

http://fjayodysseyreport.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Politically Correct: How far will we let it go? Empty Re: Politically Correct: How far will we let it go?

Post by RyanCummings 2nd December 2012, 10:59 pm

Wow. I was just talking about this on my way to church with my dad this morning. We saw a sign saying, "Go to the Holiday Market!", and he joked that he wasn't going there, because they said Holiday instead of Christmas. Why do they do that?

Let's take a look at how Christmas has changed over the years. It used to be a celebration of Christ's birth, and now? Now it is a celebration of this fat guy that TV shows compare to Jesus, in his way of loving everyone and deciding who is good and bad and rewarding those who are good. Seems to me society is trying to steer us in a direction, to where Christmas isn't a holiday where we remember the Christmas Story in the Bible, but where we remember the story of jolly old Saint Nick, the giver of presents to all! Of course, society doesn't ever SAY that. No, first they said.

"Okay, Christmas is a long word and takes a while to write on everything, so we are going to say X-mas, just to make it easier."

Funny how they changed it so the word, "Christ" isn't there anymore. After that, they said,

"Okay, December has MANY different celebrations in it! Hanukkah, Chri- I mean, X-mas, Zwanza, and to some people, it is just a mini summer break in the winter. I know! Let's just say, 'Happy Holidays' so we don't offend anyone who says X-mas!!! YAY!"

Okay, so now it is just "Holidays" that everyone says. Not even anything related to Christmas, just Holidays. THAT is the "politically correct" term.

Now, is it just me, or does political correctness in today's society, just mean taking anything pertaining to God out of the picture? I mean, Christmas went to Xmas, and THAT took Christ out of the picture. But then they changed it to Holidays so it isn't as obvious. Let me guess, now they will have Christmas songs changed to political correctness, like Jason showed. People will write songs that actually make fun of Christian and Christmas from a Christian viewpoint/

Oh, Holy Night

"O, holiday night. You can't see the stars because the lights from all the shops make it impossible.
This is the night, where "heathens" remember what they think happened in the book known as their "Bible."

So in answer to Jason's question, YES! The political correctness is going to far, and needs to stop.

When you take God out of Christmas, it becomes a holiday, not about giving to others, as He did to you, but about getting from others. I mean really, have you all SEEN how kids act these days when they don't get EXACTLY what they want? Kids crying because they got an iPod that isn't the right color, shape, or GB size. Yeah, that is what relying on Santa instead of God gets you. A greedy heart.
RyanCummings
RyanCummings
Campbell County General Manager
Campbell County General Manager

Back to top Go down

Politically Correct: How far will we let it go? Empty Re: Politically Correct: How far will we let it go?

Post by Sko 3rd December 2012, 11:34 am

I don't care about being politically correct. I care about being biblically correct.

Also, I think I'm going to write a song parody about this... I'll find a dumb Christmas song, like that Justin Bieber one, and I'll make it... better. Smile
Sko
Sko
On Vacation
On Vacation

http://tech.ryanhoots.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Samansa14 3rd December 2012, 3:51 pm

If you all feel the same as I do watch the movie called "Christmas with a capital C." It's on netflix and is a GREAT wholesome Christian movie that talks all about this.

Plus it has Brad Stein in it...Which...Makes everything better! Wink
Samansa14
Samansa14

Back to top Go down

Post by orangie 3rd December 2012, 3:57 pm

Jason wrote:Many have started this thing of politically correct when pertaining to Christmas and other things. I read this and believe it was written out of fun. However it kind of makes me think.

Politically Correct 12 Days of Christmas
Spoiler:

Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder how far it will go. Already people in stores, restaurants, and schools are requested to say "Happy Holidays" instead of MERRY CHRISTMAS.

What would it look lie if other carols were reformated to be "politically correct"

O Christmas Tree
Spoiler:

We Wish you a Merry Christmas
Spoiler:

Honestly this scares me. I like to joke about it, but what will Christmas become? Will it become a strictly Christian Holiday, and a new name for the day spring forth to satisfy those who are "offended". What about us? Isn't it offensive to us that people want to spread "Holiday Cheer" by saying Happy Holidays, instead of MERRY CHRISTMAS? My point here is that even among the discrepancies and controversies, we must make a stand for what we believe in.

Ahem... Allow me to get off my soapbox. What is your thoughts on what Christmas is becoming/Happy Holidays and etc?

It's cool that you brought this topic up. We were discussing this at church last night. One man brought up why instead of saying "Merry Christmas" people say "Happy Holidays." My pastor said that when we say Christmas we are actually saying Christ's mass. I believe mass is a tradition of the Catholics not necessarily something the Bible is adamant we celebrate. I get what your are saying when people leave Christ out of the word Christmas.
orangie
orangie

Location : I'm not at liberty to discuss this with anyone. That means you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum