Campbell County
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 329 on 4th July 2021, 4:18 am
Top posting users this month
No user

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

Question for You Bookworms (and anyone who likes to read)

+9
Marvin DeSanchez
capeng
Agent 86
Maria
Stella C
underseasie
Thor's Hammer
Sko
Sunshine
13 posters

Go down

Question for You Bookworms (and anyone who likes to read) Empty Question for You Bookworms (and anyone who likes to read)

Post by Sunshine 28th February 2013, 3:05 pm

I don't remember how long it's been since I last read a book. Seriously - it was probably August or September last year. Anyway, it seems that there is about 8 books waiting for me to read them (aka. people want me to read them). But... where's the time to read? I don't exactly know when to make time to read.

So my question to you is: when do you read? Every chance you get? Do you set aside half an hour each day? Any tips you share would be appreciated. Smile
Sunshine
Sunshine

Back to top Go down

Question for You Bookworms (and anyone who likes to read) Empty Re: Question for You Bookworms (and anyone who likes to read)

Post by Sko 28th February 2013, 3:11 pm

I read at that time of night when you have nothing to do, but you're not tired. Nobody's posting on CC, Twitter, G+, or anywhere else, so why use the internet?

For me, this time is 10PM-12AM, but it varies.
Sko
Sko
On Vacation
On Vacation

http://tech.ryanhoots.com/

Back to top Go down

Question for You Bookworms (and anyone who likes to read) Empty Re: Question for You Bookworms (and anyone who likes to read)

Post by Thor's Hammer 28th February 2013, 3:31 pm

I read every chance I get like all the time. I usually can read a book a day.

Thor's Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by underseasie 28th February 2013, 4:09 pm

I read before I got to bed almost every night. It helps me to relax so I can go to sleep faster. Very Happy
underseasie
underseasie
Elected Official
Elected Official

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella C 28th February 2013, 5:32 pm

Hmm, I'm with a lot of you guys. I usually read at night, and sometimes I'll read while I eat, and in the car.. Even if its just for five minutes.
Stella C
Stella C
Birthday Bash 2012 VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria 28th February 2013, 9:44 pm

i read at night most of the time. or car rides, i read at night so i can dream about my book! Very Happy
Maria
Maria
Maria
Maria

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent 86 1st March 2013, 12:40 am

lol I usally read at night or sometimes in the car when I don't have barely to do and if its been a long day I'll go straight to dream land
Agent 86
Agent 86

Back to top Go down

Post by capeng 1st March 2013, 9:27 am

I read whenever I can!
capeng
capeng

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvin DeSanchez 1st March 2013, 9:48 am

You don't really need to set aside some time for reading, Sunny dear, unless you feel as if you're too busy =P I just read when I feel like it, which is quite often ^^ I have over 200 books on my Kindle as I speak.
Marvin DeSanchez
Marvin DeSanchez
Annoying Annoyer

http://theaiofanslife.viviti.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine 1st March 2013, 11:57 am

Hmm... it seems that lots of people think the best time to read is before going to sleep at night. Maybe I should see about going to bed a little earlier so that I can read...

Marvin DeSanchez wrote:You don't really need to set aside some time for reading, Sunny dear, unless you feel as if you're too busy =P I just read when I feel like it, which is quite often ^^ I have over 200 books on my Kindle as I speak.
Whenever I'm bored, I normally go to my knitting, so...
Sunshine
Sunshine

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvin DeSanchez 1st March 2013, 12:22 pm

Sunny, doesn't knitting make people fall asleep? =D
Marvin DeSanchez
Marvin DeSanchez
Annoying Annoyer

http://theaiofanslife.viviti.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thor's Hammer 1st March 2013, 12:47 pm

Yeah knitting is boring it veges your mind.

Thor's Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvin W. 1st March 2013, 1:27 pm

I read all the time. During lunch, during breakfast, during instrument practice (Anxious), during school (Anxious x2), when I'm supposed to be doing school, when I'm supposed to be asleep, pretty much any time for me is reading time.
Marvin W.
Marvin W.

Back to top Go down

Post by godisawesomeness99 10th April 2013, 8:05 pm

I read sometimes, when I have the free time.... I used to read more when I was in elementary school
godisawesomeness99
godisawesomeness99

Back to top Go down

Post by Thor's Hammer 11th April 2013, 12:49 pm

Marvin W. wrote:I read all the time. During lunch, during breakfast, during instrument practice (Anxious), during school (Anxious x2), when I'm supposed to be doing school, when I'm supposed to be asleep, pretty much any time for me is reading time.
I do that only when I REALLY want to finish a book. study

Thor's Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine 11th April 2013, 1:21 pm

Marvin DeSanchez wrote:Sunny, doesn't knitting make people fall asleep? =D
Not at all! In fact, I, as well as other girls I know, have taken knitting to do while listening to seminars to keep from falling asleep! Wink

Thor's Hammer wrote:Yeah knitting is boring it veges your mind.
It keeps your mind active, while still being able to concentrate on something else, like a seminar, or a conversation. Yes
Sunshine
Sunshine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thor's Hammer 11th April 2013, 1:23 pm

Seminars make you go to sleep. Shocked

Thor's Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sko 11th April 2013, 2:54 pm

Thor's Hammer wrote:Seminars make you go to sleep. Shocked

Not always! I could listen to seminars on quantum mechanics all day! Very Happy

Ooh, and astro-cartography, too... that's really fun.
Sko
Sko
On Vacation
On Vacation

http://tech.ryanhoots.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by orangie 11th April 2013, 3:06 pm

My math book makes me want to do something else. And my chemistry textbook makes me yawn and go to sleep. But, thankfully I'm almost done with it.
@Sunshine I read whenever I have time. You just have to make the time.
orangie
orangie

Location : I'm not at liberty to discuss this with anyone. That means you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine 12th April 2013, 3:06 pm

I was thinking specifically of a four day conference with seminars nearly all day every day. Wink

orangie wrote:@Sunshine I read whenever I have time. You just have to make the time.
It's quite hard since I'm not in the habit, but I see your point. I'm slowly trying to build it into my day, as I'm able. Smile
Sunshine
Sunshine

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarinda 6th July 2013, 5:35 pm

I read when I don't have anything else to do(which is like all the time) and when I have a book duh.

also some good times to read is like when you first get up and before bed. Smile

Amarinda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down