Campbell County
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 329 on 4th July 2021, 4:18 am
Top posting users this month
No user

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

A Case of Replaced Identity

+2
Sko
Jason
6 posters

Go down

A Case of Replaced Identity Empty A Case of Replaced Identity

Post by Jason 7th April 2013, 9:17 pm

In this day and age names are everything. Once you tell someone your name, they directly associate your name with your actions. If you mess with someones name you mess with their identity. I've done a lot of work to build a respectable image for myself around here. You all know me as Jason; The former banker, former head of CCWN, the guy that likes brownies, has a passion for God, a keen sense of writing and a love for Odyssey. It takes time to build up credibility around a username. A person without a name, is like peanut butter and jelly without bread. Or in this case calling bread rocks and expecting people to know the difference.

Today I would like to bring to your attention a case of stolen identity. Or misplaced identity? Trivial matters aside, my name was callously stripped from my account and replaced with Sammy14 as shown in the picture below by none other than NarniaQA Guy. Earlier, it was changed to Toady and Jumpy by Samantha14. The point is, I didn't give permission for the changes in any of the ocurances, and I had no power to defend myself.
Spoiler:

This kind of thing has been going on between the admins a lot lately. Between Admins is it ok? That's their buisness. Slightly better than picking on non-power members who can't fight fire with fire? I think so. So what am I suggesting? I am formally suing the two of them. If they should decide to settle out of court I'm open to possibilities. I'm a simple guy, and I wouldn't ask for too much. angel 2

Spoiler:

Last edited by Jason on 7th April 2013, 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jason
Jason
Banker
Banker

http://fjayodysseyreport.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

A Case of Replaced Identity Empty Re: A Case of Replaced Identity

Post by Sko 7th April 2013, 9:24 pm

I agree, messing with usernames is a big deal. On a forum like this, where our avatars change all the time, our usernames are all we have to prove our identity (well, also our user IDs, but nobody really cares about those anymore). I don't mess with my name, and I don't think people should be able to mess with other user's names, whether or not they can fight back.

It all comes down to trust. On a forum, you need to trust that your leaders won't do stupid stuff.
Sko
Sko
On Vacation
On Vacation

http://tech.ryanhoots.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent 86 7th April 2013, 9:54 pm

But sometimes its fun, I wouldn't know cause I'm not an admin. tongue
Agent 86
Agent 86

Back to top Go down

Post by Woody 7th April 2013, 10:05 pm

*decides to be Sammy's lawyer* Smile
Woody
Woody

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason 8th April 2013, 12:02 pm

Sko wrote:I agree, messing with usernames is a big deal. On a forum like this, where our avatars change all the time, our usernames are all we have to prove our identity (well, also our user IDs, but nobody really cares about those anymore). I don't mess with my name, and I don't think people should be able to mess with other user's names, whether or not they can fight back.

It all comes down to trust. On a forum, you need to trust that your leaders won't do stupid stuff.

That's my thoughts exactly. I am thankful that they were kind enough to change it and change it back while I was online. But it's the principle of the thing. You change a person's name, you change a person's identity.
Jason
Jason
Banker
Banker

Back to top Go down

Post by Thor's Hammer 8th April 2013, 12:56 pm

Yeah I don't like admins changing names for fun and I also have another complaint. We have like 6 admins that is about 1/3 of active members.

Thor's Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sko 8th April 2013, 1:26 pm

Thor's Hammer wrote:Yeah I don't like admins changing names for fun and I also have another complaint. We have like 6 admins that is about 1/3 of active members.

Actually, we have ten administrators. Most of 'em aren't active. Smile

I guess the explanation for why admins are active more is because they have to be active more to do their jobs.
Sko
Sko
On Vacation
On Vacation

http://tech.ryanhoots.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason 8th April 2013, 2:33 pm

Woody wrote:*decides to be Sammy's lawyer* Smile

I'd get a lawyer too, but I think I'll represent myself. Yes

Last edited by Jason on 8th April 2013, 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jason
Jason
Banker
Banker

Back to top Go down

Post by CD333 8th April 2013, 9:56 pm

Ooh ooh Can I judge? I will be impartial.
CD333
CD333

http://odysseyblog.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down