Campbell County
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 329 on 4th July 2021, 4:18 am
Top posting users this month
No user

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

How did you come up with your username?

+9
Jason
Aftershocker
Maria
Metal15
Sunshine
godisawesomeness99
Thor's Hammer
Sko
AudPod
13 posters

Go down

How did you come up with your username? Empty How did you come up with your username?

Post by AudPod 28th August 2013, 10:39 pm

Read the title. I'm rather curious.

Mine came to be because of a certain individual on the Ceiling Fan Message Boards. I usually give a lot of nicknames to people, but there's not many good nicknames for Audrey. Aud, Drey (as Doll/GG calls me), and a few nicknames I hate, and therefore shall not post. So people started coming up with new names for me that I might be able to change my username to (my old one being Ceilingfanlover, and I got quite tired of that after being swept under the carpet with the other Ceiling Fans #1 Fan, i love the cf, etc etc.) One was Goldrey (because Au is the symbol for gold, so Au/Gold+Drey= Goldrey), which I quite liked, even though I'm more of a sterling silver girl. She Who Must Not Be Named was another, even though everyone else already knew my name. Bellatrix, because I said I hated Twilight, so one person started calling me Bella. I changed it to Bellatrix, because I do like Harry Potter. Finally, one person called me Aud-Pod, mostly because I love music and my Ipod. So, Ipod +Audrey= AudPod.

That was a rather long and boring explanation that I doubt anyone read. But seriously, I want to know.
AudPod
AudPod
Elected Official
Elected Official

http://thelifeandtimesofaudreyk.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

How did you come up with your username? Empty Re: How did you come up with your username?

Post by Sko 28th August 2013, 10:57 pm

That's an interesting way to come up with a username. Very good result, quite unique and memorable. Smile

I also suffered from my original username being too much like someone else's, so I decided to change it to make things easier for everyone. In fact, the topic's still around here somewhere, but I can't find it.

Sko was a name made to be simple. And now it's starting to show up in more places than just CC, too. There are three people named Ryan that I know of in my age group of Awana here, so I may have to start using Sko there, too.
Sko
Sko
On Vacation
On Vacation

http://tech.ryanhoots.com/

Back to top Go down

How did you come up with your username? Empty Re: How did you come up with your username?

Post by Thor's Hammer 29th August 2013, 10:35 am

Conquestor I came up with when I was trying to spell conquistador. Blitz came from Blitzkrieg.

Thor's Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by godisawesomeness99 29th August 2013, 1:13 pm

AudPod wrote:Read the title. I'm rather curious.

Mine came to be because of a certain individual on the Ceiling Fan Message Boards. I usually give a lot of nicknames to people, but there's not many good nicknames for Audrey. Aud, Drey (as Doll/GG calls me), and a few nicknames I hate, and therefore shall not post. So people started coming up with new names for me that I might be able to change my username to (my old one being Ceilingfanlover, and I got quite tired of that after being swept under the carpet with the other Ceiling Fans #1 Fan, i love the cf, etc etc.) One was Goldrey (because Au is the symbol for gold, so Au/Gold+Drey= Goldrey), which I quite liked, even though I'm more of a sterling silver girl. She Who Must Not Be Named was another, even though everyone else already knew my name. Bellatrix, because I said I hated Twilight, so one person started calling me Bella. I changed it to Bellatrix, because I do like Harry Potter. Finally, one person called me Aud-Pod, mostly because I love music and my Ipod. So, Ipod +Audrey= AudPod.

That was a rather long and boring explanation that I doubt anyone read. But seriously, I want to know.

I read it! Very Happy I came up with mine because god is awesomeness and 1999 was the year I was born
godisawesomeness99
godisawesomeness99

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine 30th August 2013, 11:44 am

I always enjoy reading the history of people's usernames.  Smile  

Sko wrote:There are three people named Ryan that I know of in my age group of Awana here, so I may have to start using Sko there, too.
Haha.  One time this summer, I was playing Canadian Capture-the-Flag, and there were three Sams playing (one girl, two boys).  Wink  One time someone called out, "Sam!" just to see how they would respond, and all three Sams looked around at the same time from different sides of the field.  happy dance

Let's see... my username.
A long time ago, in a land not-so-far-away (depending on where you live), a girl wanted to join the ToO... 
Okay, never mind, I can't do this third person.  =P
ANYway, so yes, I wanted to join the ToO.  As I was brainstorming ideas with TKD, she suggested that I have the username "Sunshine" and that way I could have the nickname of "Sunny" (because I like the name "Sonny" anyway).
Thus, I registered an account on the ToO.  That was back when TKD was Chief of Police, so I didn't have to wait a few days for an admin to activate it, because TKD could.  ^.^
Three months later, my CC account was created.  Very Happy
Sunshine
Sunshine

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal15 30th August 2013, 8:20 pm

When I joined my first Messageboard my dad and I were thinking of a username for me, and he offered some suggestions like "Metalkid"(I liked metal, so...XD), but after a while I said "Metal15?" Because I liked metal music and I was 15 at the time. So that's what I went with, I've been using that ever since on all sorts of internet stuff and made all sorts of friends with that username(Along with lots of enemies...Tongue out). Eh, I like the name, nothing too fancy or anything. Smile
Metal15
Metal15

http://metal15likesmetal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria 31st August 2013, 3:17 pm

My real name, as most of you know, is Mary, which is very close to Marie or Maria. My family has nicknamed me Maria, so thats where my user name comes from! It use to be Mary Beth, but back then i didn't like it as much as I do now. Elisabeth is my middle name, but the nickname came from my great aunt before she died.
Maria
Maria
Maria
Maria

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftershocker 6th October 2013, 9:19 pm

"Aftershock + er"

There's also another reason, but if I told you I'd have to kill you. Smile
Aftershocker
Aftershocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason 6th October 2013, 9:59 pm

I've had short term names on this board; 

Mr. Lumpy was the name of a character in a VBS I helped out with, and I became Mr. Lumpy there. I used the name on the Electric Palace for a short time.

Eagle's Pride was around the time I got my Eagle Scout award and was only for a few days.

I chose Jason in part because it's short and sweet, but also after the infamously awesome Jason Whittaker.
Jason
Jason
Banker
Banker

http://fjayodysseyreport.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishTiger 7th October 2013, 12:55 am

I chose IrishTiger because I am part Irish (and I love Ireland) and because I love tigers. A lot. So yeah, pretty boring reasons, but I like the name. Smile
IrishTiger
IrishTiger
Elected Official
Elected Official

Back to top Go down

Post by Thor's Hammer 7th October 2013, 11:47 am

Thor's Hammer came from my other muti-personality. One of my many.

Thor's Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eugene 8th October 2013, 12:12 am

I've read every username story that was posted in this thread and I find them all very interesting. It's really fun to read everyone's "origin story"!  Tongue out

Anyway, my username was handed down to me from my great-great-uncle on my Mum's side of the family. His name was Herronemous Eugene Phillik. So, to follow family tradition, I borrowed his middle name. And I don't plan on giving it back anytime soon.

Haha... honestly though, I was hovering around the AIO online community (which was mostly the ToO at the time) and finally decided that I would actually register an account for myself. I had no connections with anyone from this mysterious and wondrous place. So I spent a day searching for usernames by myself. The first username I searched for was Eugene. I thought for sure it was already taken since the name is shared with the Odyssey character. When I saw that it was available *gasp*, I still spent hours trying to come up with the right one. Eventually I went with my original idea and have stuck with that name ever since within the Odyssey world.

But over the years, I have had a few other names as part of renaming shenanigans! Those names include Eliab, Sled, and a few others that I can't quite remember at this moment.
Eugene
Eugene
CC Tech
CC Tech

https://matthewbird.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by KF 8th October 2013, 1:43 am

My name... Its just a small story really, involving among other things FiNCK, some words, a Dragon's tea shop, some fanatical Trekkies, a Narn fist-fighter, and quite a lot of geekery
KF
KF
CC Veteran
CC Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanCummings 8th October 2013, 6:12 pm

I believe it was when I was signing up for the AIO wiki, because I wanted to be able to improve some of the articles there, and I had recently been listening to the Kidsboro episodes from the Truth Chronicles. Ryan Cummings is a LOT like me personality-wise, so I figured it would be a good username, especially since my name in real life is Ryan.
RyanCummings
RyanCummings
Campbell County General Manager
Campbell County General Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by godisawesomeness99 8th October 2013, 11:51 pm

Aftershocker wrote:"Aftershock + er"

There's also another reason, but if I told you I'd have to kill you. Smile
I must know.... but you're going to kill me.... what a moral delima
godisawesomeness99
godisawesomeness99

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down