Campbell County
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 329 on 4th July 2021, 4:18 am
Top posting users this month
No user

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

In Christ: Horses and Chariots of Fire

Go down

In Christ: Horses and Chariots of Fire Empty In Christ: Horses and Chariots of Fire

"Now the heart of the king of Aram was enraged over this thing; and he called his servants and said to them, “Will you tell me which of us is for the king of Israel?” One of his servants said, “No, my lord, O king; but Elisha, the prophet who is in Israel, tells the king of Israel the words that you speak in your bedroom.” So he said, “Go and see where he is, that I may send and take him.” And it was told him, saying, “Behold, he is in Dothan.” He sent horses and chariots and a great army there, and they came by night and surrounded the city.

Now when the attendant of the man of God had risen early and gone out, behold, an army with horses and chariots was circling the city. And his servant said to him, “Alas, my master! What shall we do?” So he answered, “Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” Then Elisha prayed and said, “O Lord, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.” And the Lord opened the servant’s eyes and he saw; and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha."
    2 Kings 6:11-17 NASB

Today I read this passage, and it reminded me of what it means to be in Christ.  Often times, to us, the evil in a battle seems more obvious than the good does.  It's so easy to be frightened!  Thoughts, feelings, and emotions fill innermost parts of us.
And yet, "those who are with us are more than those who are with them."  We just don't see it.

"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."
    Hebrews 11:1

So many times, our "eyes" are not opened to the "horses and chariots of fire" that surround us, and protect us.  But when we can trust that, if we are truly in Christ Jesus, we are protected from all harm (whether physical or spiritual), how sweet it is!  It is so sweet and wonderful to trust in Jesus!
Sunshine
Sunshine

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

In Christ: Horses and Chariots of Fire :: Comments

IrishTiger

Post 18th October 2013, 3:04 pm by IrishTiger

Hmm, great post. Smile I love how Hebrews 11:1 clearly defines faith.

Back to top Go down

Post 18th October 2013, 4:15 pm by Thor's Hammer

Thumbs up. You should write a devotional. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down