Campbell County
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 329 on 4th July 2021, 4:18 am
Top posting users this month
No user

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

What I Think Of CC Based On My Membership Here: A Celebration of Campbell County and MBs in General

Go down

What I Think Of CC Based On My Membership Here: A Celebration of Campbell County and MBs in General Empty What I Think Of CC Based On My Membership Here: A Celebration of Campbell County and MBs in General

Hello, all! Welcome to my new CC blog! I will be writing infrequently on here about Christianity, AIO, CC, and other miscellaneous things. To kick the blog off, I wrote an article about CC and MBs in general! Enjoy, and I'll try to post more on here!

Ahh... Adventures in Odyssey. Who doesn't love curling up in a room after a long, hard day and learning Christian life lessons and laughing at the same time with Whit, Connie, and Eugene. Maybe atheists...
Anyway, AIO was, is, and always will be great. But to me, it goes so much beyond the radio drama. Sure, there's the books, the video series, and the video games, but I'm talking about the online community.
The AIO online community, ingeniously created in a sense by Nathan Hoobler, Corey VanDerLaan, Jacob Isom, and Bren McFarlond, is a pretty big part of many AIO fans, myself included, lives. There are blogs and sites and podcasts and... That's it, right? I mean, it's not like anyone started any AIO message boards, right? Wrong.
AIO message boards have been around since 1999. No, that's not a typo. I did not mean to say 2005. Some of you may know that before ToO was ever created, there was another AIO MB, The Town Hall. But I won't go into detail.
Anyway, The Town Hall began a trend with AIO MB's that continues to this day. Shadowpaw created ToO, but that board got waaaaaayyyyyy off track and it hardly ever talks about Odyssey. So good ol' Bren created a new board, one similar to ToO, but different. What do I mean, you ask? Let's take a look at CC through the years, and you'll see what a great and different board it is.

On July 16th, 2009, Bren joined CC. American Eagle, Eugene, and others followed. The board prospered. Topics were set up, many unique ideas were first tested here. It was an amazing board then, and it still is today. I can't seem to find what the very first CC post was, but I'll keep digging.
CC has never been hugely popular like ToO or the newly created Soda Shop, but the members who do get online are quite dedicated to it, particularly Bren and a user from the good old days, Marvin Desanchez.
Sadly, activity decreased on this awesome board. Posts dwindled and the whole board was just about dead. Finally, Bren shut it down until further notice. When he shut it down, they're weren't really all that many people in the AIO online community. That was about to change.
Suddenly, a blowout of AIO blogs and new message boards occurred. Fans wanted to speak out about Odyssey, and they wanted to speak out NOW! So UAIOB, JAAIOB, TNT, Down Odyssey Lane, Out of Control in Odyssey, and various other blogs and podcasts were started. SS and ToO flowed with activity, and there was talk or reopening CC. Finally, it happened. Through SS, Bren was convinced, and the CC's grand reopening was legendary.
At first, there were just a few members and not all that much interest, except with Bren of course, and myself, Wooton Basset, The Old Judge, and Hannah J. But we've gotten many new members since then, and many notices have been posted on SS and other places to join CC! A couple of people have asked, "Why join?" Well, I'll tell you.

What makes MB's fun? Is it the games? Is it the takeovers? Is it the elections? It is all of the above. People like participating in this kind of thing, because, well, it's just plain fun! But, in my opinion, the games, takeovers, elections, and ever-changing nature of MBs is not what makes people keep coming back on. It's of course the members. If it weren't for members, there wouldn't even be a board in the first place! I don't even necessarily get on CC or SS thinking, "Yay! Now I get to talk about how much I hate Emily!" I go on thinking, "Yay! I get to interact with suzy, PF, Wooton, and Bren again!" And for MBs that have lots of members and lots of activity, it's just really fun to interact with people, particularly when you're a relatively lonely person like me.
So now you're probably thinking, "I can't wait to interact with people! But wait! No one is online at CC... Better head over to the Soda Shop!" I've thought that at times too. But that's exactly our point. The reason no one is getting on CC is because, well, no one is getting on CC! If we could all just get on it instead of other MBs, everything would be great! I would even go as far as to say that CC could be more fun than SS and ToO. We just need people online to post!
But that's not all I wanted to say. Sure, I want to encourage people to post, but that's not the main purpose of this article. The purpose of this article is to celebrate CC and MBs in General! So what better way to do that than a party!

CT101: Alright, everyone, get your birthday hats and cake ready! We're celebrating CC tonight!

Wooton: Yay! Should we do a CC marathon?

CT101: But of course! Wow, someone just posted in the JAAIOB topic! Better respond to them!

Mustang: There's a new story in Mary's Story Shop!

Jason: Hmm... Someone just set up a new game. This looks rather fun.

The Old Judge: There's a new Episode Reviews topic! I think I'll put a review...

Bren: I have a new announcement for the board. I'd better put it up.

Ahh... you see, CC is amazing because of all those things and more! I would like to thank Bren for starting this board and thank all members for posting on here and for reading this article. Long live CC!
CreativeThinker101

http://www.justanotheraioblog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

What I Think Of CC Based On My Membership Here: A Celebration of Campbell County and MBs in General :: Comments

Bren

Post 30th August 2012, 10:54 pm by Bren

That's great. Though, there was a board before this.

Back to top Go down

KF

Post 30th August 2012, 11:32 pm by KF

Hmm, rather biased view on history.

Back to top Go down

Post 1st September 2012, 11:08 am by CreativeThinker101

Hmm... I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about, KF. And Bren, are you talking about The ToO or The Electric Palace?

Back to top Go down

KF

Post 1st September 2012, 6:02 pm by KF

I was referring to your statement, with which I wouldn't agree with.

they're weren't really all that many people in the AIO online community.

Plus, SS is really rather a recent event.

And the fact that you skipped the glorious, magnificent era where I returned heroically, to single handedly keep this place alive. (Read: Horrible era that was.)

Back to top Go down

Post 2nd September 2012, 5:10 pm by CreativeThinker101

Ahh... I understand. What I meant was, when SS and CC started, there were quite a lot more people on the AIO community then there were before. Perhaps I should have rephrased that.

Back to top Go down

Bren

Post 2nd September 2012, 10:38 pm by Bren

Well, they were around, they just switched from comments on the scoop to SS.

Back to top Go down

HannahJ.

Post 16th September 2012, 5:58 am by HannahJ.

That was wonderful,Mr. Thinker! I enjoyed it immensely. I agree that it's the members that make it what it is!

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down