Campbell County
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 329 on 4th July 2021, 4:18 am
Top posting users this month
No user

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

biggest pet peave

Go down

biggest pet peave Empty biggest pet peave

these are 2 things that annoy me: 1. why do people misspell yeah? I mean it's easy. yeah. they spell it: yea, ya, and yah. I mean it's yeah. GET IT RIGHT!!! another thing is when people spell my name wrong. It's daniel, not danel or daneil or danial, or even danil. IT'S DANIEL! COME ON! and so ends my rant
godisawesomeness99
godisawesomeness99

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

biggest pet peave :: Comments

Sko

Post 3rd June 2013, 10:02 pm by Sko

godisawesomeness99 wrote:these are 2 things that annoy me: 1. why do people misspell yeah? I mean it's easy. yeah. they spell it: yea, ya, and yah. I mean it's yeah. GET IT RIGHT!!! another thing is when people spell my name wrong. It's daniel, not danel or daneil or danial, or even danil. IT'S DANIEL! COME ON! and so ends my rant

You know what else is bad? When people spell their "their" thier. Smile

Back to top Go down

Renae

Post 4th June 2013, 9:50 am by Renae

godisawesomeness99 wrote:these are 2 things that annoy me: 1. why do people misspell yeah? I mean it's easy. yeah. they spell it: yea, ya, and yah. I mean it's yeah. GET IT RIGHT!!! another thing is when people spell my name wrong. It's daniel, not danel or daneil or danial, or even danil. IT'S DANIEL! COME ON! and so ends my rant

Or...when people don't capitalize the beginnings of their sentences. biggest pet peave 3639775017 Like *cough* Daniel *cough*

Back to top Go down

Post 4th June 2013, 12:41 pm by Thor's Hammer

Best not to rant about grammar people.

Back to top Go down

Sko

Post 4th June 2013, 1:14 pm by Sko

Thor's Hammer wrote:Best not to rant about grammar people.

Oh, but we like to rant about grammar. Yes

Back to top Go down

underseasie

Post 4th June 2013, 5:17 pm by underseasie

Sko wrote:
Thor's Hammer wrote:Best not to rant about grammar people.

Oh, but we like to rant about grammar. Yes
Yes, we do. Wink
My biggest grammar pet peeve is you're and your. You're is a contraction of you are, and your indicates belonging. =P

Back to top Go down

Sko

Post 4th June 2013, 6:35 pm by Sko

underseasie wrote:
Yes, we do. Wink
My biggest grammar pet peeve is you're and your. You're is a contraction of you are, and your indicates belonging. =P

I hate how so few people actually seem to understand that. It's bad enough when someone makes a simple mistake, I do that all the time, but when people repeatedly use those two interchangeably... I hate it!

Oh yeah, for the record, I'm extremely good at picking out other people's grammar shortcomings, but I make tons of errors myself. It's hilarious. I wouldn't be surprised if this post I'm writing has a typo in it. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

godisawesomeness99

Post 4th June 2013, 8:48 pm by godisawesomeness99

yep, that's what I do all the time

Back to top Go down

Sunshine

Post 5th June 2013, 5:49 pm by Sunshine

Actually, the more people talk about it, the more grammar errors annoy me. Wink Generally I do my best to skip over them, simply so that I won't be forever driven in sane due to my own pet peeve(s). Wink

Back to top Go down

Sko

Post 5th June 2013, 8:38 pm by Sko

Sunshine wrote:...I won't be forever driven in sane due to my own pet peeve(s)...

I don't want to be mean, but I thought I'd point that out... Wink

Actually, I can't decide if that's a grammar error or spelling error.

Back to top Go down

Maria

Post 5th June 2013, 9:15 pm by Maria

Oooh yes you do ryan.....oh yes.....

Back to top Go down

Sunshine

Post 7th June 2013, 11:29 am by Sunshine

Sko wrote:
Sunshine wrote:...I won't be forever driven in sane due to my own pet peeve(s)...

I don't want to be mean, but I thought I'd point that out... Wink

Actually, I can't decide if that's a grammar error or spelling error.
xD Of all the topics that I made a spelling error on... Wink

Back to top Go down

Marvin DeSanchez

Post 7th June 2013, 3:53 pm by Marvin DeSanchez

Sko wrote:
underseasie wrote:
Yes, we do. Wink

I hate how so few people actually seem to understand that. It's bad enough when someone makes a simple mistake, I do that all the time, but when people repeatedly use those two interchangeably... I hate it!
Can't use commas for that; they're not strong enough. Need dashes.

Back to top Go down

Sko

Post 7th June 2013, 4:11 pm by Sko

Marvin DeSanchez wrote:Can't use commas for that; they're not strong enough. Need dashes.

I'd say that's a matter of opinion. It depends on the writer's intention. I think it fits well, myself.

Back to top Go down

Marvin DeSanchez

Post 7th June 2013, 4:14 pm by Marvin DeSanchez

It's not a matter of opinion. Just the bold part contains two independent clause and one dependent clause. A pair of commas just isn't enough. The clause "I do that all the time" is not essential. Commas do not do the job.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum