Campbell County
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 329 on 4th July 2021, 4:18 am
Top posting users this month
No user

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

Who's Your Hero/Heroine?

+6
Jason
Maria
Renae
Thor's Hammer
Metal15
Sunshine
10 posters

Go down

Who's Your Hero/Heroine? Empty Who's Your Hero/Heroine?

Post by Sunshine 17th June 2013, 5:40 pm

I got the idea for this topic from the AIO episode "Stars in Our Eyes."  So I'm curious, do you have a hero or heroine from the past?  Maybe not so much a hero, as just a role model for you?  Are there any specific people in the Bible, whom you look up to, or admire?  How about in the present day?

I've grown to admire David (in the Bible).  He was willing to trust and be faithful to God in everything, big or small.  As a result, we see an amazing life, which God blessed, and through which God brought glory to Himself.
Sunshine
Sunshine

Back to top Go down

Who's Your Hero/Heroine? Empty Re: Who's Your Hero/Heroine?

Post by Metal15 17th June 2013, 6:56 pm

I'm a big fan of Jesus. Very Happy

But besides people in the bible I like Spiderman and Batman a lot. Smile
Metal15
Metal15

http://metal15likesmetal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thor's Hammer 18th June 2013, 6:28 pm

I haven't put much stock into finding a hero. Hmm...

Thor's Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Renae 18th June 2013, 7:40 pm

I wouldn't say they are my heroines...but I do really look up to my four older sisters Mrgreen
Renae
Renae

Location : ...I'll be in a different place every time you read this...

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria 18th June 2013, 9:11 pm

My older sister, Renae, umm Jesus? haha and some of my best friends in real life, Dannah Gresh, and Esther in the bible. i also adore Hannah in the bible, her story is so beautiful, i love her prayer in the second chapter of Samuel, I like praying that one myself! :DI hope to one day be as strong as she was
Maria
Maria
Maria
Maria

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason 20th June 2013, 1:05 pm

Honestly I hadn't really given it a whole lot of thought. Is that to say that I don't have heros? No. There are people that I look up to and inspire me, but at the same time I know they are human, and make mistakes like everyone else. When I was younger I collected baseball cards, and I specifically had a lot of Cubs cards. There was one player inparticular, named Joe Girardi that I considered my favorite player. He was a catcher and there was just something about him that caught my eye. For a short while I might have considered him my hero simply because he played baseball well, and I wasn't any good at baseball. Course when I found out that he wasn't on the Cubs anymore, I stopped calling him my favorite player. I now know, like Tamika in Stars in our Eyes, that we should pick our role models carefully not just by what they might look like or what they do for the public, but by their personality and character.  With that said (haha) here's some of my heroes. 

My grandpa has always been one that I look up to. He's loyal to my Grandma, and he's very supportive in the things I set my mind to. He also taught me to play ping pong and to this day it's one of my favorite sports. 

Jason Whittaker isn't necessarily a hero. But he makes this list anyway. I know sometimes he's wreckless, but he also did some mentoring, and mission work along with his secret agent job. While his faith ha room to grow in the newer albums, I love the way he gets along with the kids, and how the kids enjoy being around him.
Along with that, John Whittaker has always been someone I look up to. I realize his wisdom is fictional, but it's something that I sort of strive to work towards. Not necessarily the wisdom of Whit, but the wisdom that comes from knowing the Bible like Whit does. 

Last but certainly not least is Jesus. I'm sure my reasons line up with the reasons o those who have already said him, but it's worth saying. My faith is everything to me. Jesus is my ultimate hero because he's the one I strive to be the most like. He gave up everything so that I could truly live. He's the one that inspires my actions, and words. I'm not perfect to say the least, but he's my inspiration and motivation.

I guess I was kidding when I said that was the last one, because I have one more. The Joseph and his coat of many colors in the old Testament is also my hero. Through everything he went through, he still held strong in his faith and knew that God was with him. It's one of those things that when I'm going through a hard time, I know it wasn't near as bad as what Joseph went through. So I know that God will always be with me no matter the day or circumstance.

There's probably others that might come to mind, but these are the ones that probably stand out the most.
Jason
Jason
Banker
Banker

http://fjayodysseyreport.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Renae 20th June 2013, 3:49 pm

Maria wrote:My older sister, Renae, umm Jesus? haha and some of my best friends in real life, Dannah Gresh, and Esther in the bible. i also adore Hannah in the bible, her story is so beautiful, i love her prayer in the second chapter of Samuel, I like praying that one myself! :DI hope to one day be as strong as she was

ME? affraid Wow. I'm floored. O.o
Renae
Renae

Location : ...I'll be in a different place every time you read this...

Back to top Go down

Post by underseasie 27th June 2013, 8:13 pm

Jesus..(duh Wink )
And Whit, too. If you count fictional characters.
underseasie
underseasie
Elected Official
Elected Official

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria 27th June 2013, 9:14 pm

Am i your hero bestie? @ renae ;)I know rosey! it's like duh!! Wink
Maria
Maria
Maria
Maria

Back to top Go down

Post by Sko 27th June 2013, 10:25 pm

I think Jesus is probably the best hero a guy can have, he literally saved us from death itself. If that's not heroism, I don't know what is.

underseasie wrote:And Whit, too. If you count fictional characters.

Fictional characters are awesome heros, too. Very Happy

For my fictional hero, I pick King Peter from Narnia. Just a kid who became king, and didn't fail horribly at it. That's huge.
Sko
Sko
On Vacation
On Vacation

http://tech.ryanhoots.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarinda 8th July 2013, 6:56 pm

my hero is duh Jesus.

Amarinda

Back to top Go down

Post by Batgirl 11th July 2013, 10:48 am

Fictionally, Batman and I, plus Sailor Moon :)But what was said about Jesus is right too. Very Happy
Batgirl
Batgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum