Campbell County
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 329 on 4th July 2021, 4:18 am
Top posting users this month
No user

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

Sko for County Commissioner

3 posters

Go down

Sko for County Commissioner Empty Sko for County Commissioner

Post by Sko 13th September 2013, 12:19 am

Sko for County Commissioner

I think we can all agree Campbell County needs capable leaders. Leaders who not only know the difference between a <div> and a <dir> tag, but also have the time and desire to help make Campbell County a better place. Our current team is amazing, they've done a lot of work to keep the site going. With your help, I'd like to join them in that endeavour.

I have past experience working on the Campbell County admin team, and experience as an administrator on other phpBB forums. I've started my own forum before, so I believe I could be of service when Campbell County moves. I know how forums work.

At the moment, I am on the tech team for CC. I stepped down from the role of administrator when I didn't have enough time to keep up with the job, but I'm back and ready to continue working to make Campbell County better. I have the time, I'm currently online every day.

However, as I said, I need your help to make it on the ballot. I have almost half of the Seashells required, so I'll need your donations to get any further in my campaign.

As County Commissioner, I'll make sure you get regular events, which I think have been a little sparse recently. Events and parties are hard to run, and take time. I can run these.

Also, if I get elected, I will do my best to make sure the new CC looks the best it can. I'm very much into graphics design, and I'd love to put together a few themes for the site. After we move, I'm hoping that each individual will get to choose their own CC theme from a list, and I'll do my best to make sure that list has plenty of stylish options.

I have ideas for a few story arcs, too, so if you're interested in those, I can see about running one or two.

Above all, my biggest goal for Campbell County is to make sure that we have good leadership. In the past, our team has fallen apart due to lack of communication, and general apathy. This hurts the entire site, and it needs to end. If it doesn't end, there's no telling what could happen to the site. If I'm elected, I' going to find a way to fix the one problem every administrator on the site knows has been the #1 factor hurting CC.

Have questions for me? By all means, ask away! I'll love to disambiguate anything you think needs clarification.

Sko
Sko
On Vacation
On Vacation

http://tech.ryanhoots.com/

Back to top Go down

Sko for County Commissioner Empty Re: Sko for County Commissioner

Post by Bren 13th September 2013, 12:33 am

What do you think the job of a member is when they join a message board? Obviously admins have things they are supposed to do but what about members? As a follow-up, do you think a small board can survive?
Bren
Bren
CC Founder
CC Founder

http://www.campbellcountymb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sko 13th September 2013, 12:56 am

Bren wrote:What do you think the job of a member is when they join a message board? Obviously admins have things they are supposed to do but what about members?
That's one problem with "traditional" forums. Members typically don't have any form of responsibility other than following the forum rules, and certainly no form of responsibility for keeping the site going. On Campbell County, things are the same way, with the exception that our rules stink at being rules. This situation of no responsibility is good in some ways, but also bad in others.

It's good, in that new users are free to join with minimal commitment. This encourages people to join, because they lose nothing. But it's also bad, in that it doesn't encourage experienced members to commit to making the board a better place. In an optimal world, new members are free to join with no expectations, but they're encouraged to help out when they have the ability and desire.

The Jobs system we tried out would be a good way of going about rewarding experienced members' efforts for the forum. If we could get it to stick, it could be very helpful. For jobs to work though, the seashell needs value. That's another thing I want to work on.

Bren wrote:As a follow-up, do you think a small board can survive?
I do indeed. Not only is CC, a small board, surviving, but my own (now-defunct) forum survived for a long time with only four members. The thing that killed it was the school year, it died because it was too small to be self-sustaining. Losing two people was enough to kill it. Certainly, small forums are at more risk when the waves get choppy and bad weather sets in. They have less "wiggle room", and can't flex to keep integrity.

But, like rowboats, small forums can survive the ocean. It's harder, but with dedicated members, you can row circles around the cruise ships.
Sko
Sko
On Vacation
On Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Regis 20th September 2013, 8:26 pm

I must admit, you remind me of how I acted when I was in charge. I got things done unlike Bren.
Regis
Regis

Back to top Go down

Post by Regis 20th September 2013, 8:28 pm

And once again, I'm reminded why I hate you so much.
Regis
Regis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sko 20th September 2013, 9:05 pm

Regis Blackbeard wrote:I must admit, you remind me of how I acted when I was in charge. I got things done unlike Bren.
Regis Blackbeard wrote:And once again, I'm reminded why I hate you so much.
Contradictory statements... or are they?

Do you, sir, hate yourself?
Sko
Sko
On Vacation
On Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren 21st September 2013, 12:52 am

I think he meant me. He's got a few screws loose and doesn't always clarify.
Bren
Bren
CC Founder
CC Founder

http://www.campbellcountymb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sko 21st September 2013, 10:06 am

Bren wrote:I think he meant me. He's got a few screws loose and doesn't always clarify.
Ah, that makes much more sense. Smile
Sko
Sko
On Vacation
On Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down