Campbell County
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 329 on 4th July 2021, 4:18 am
Top posting users this month
No user

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

The issue of modesty

Go down

The issue of modesty Empty The issue of modesty

Hey guys! Well, i should being saying girls, cuz this is aimed for you ladies! Very Happy So anyway, have you ever seen the cutest outfit ever and you couldn't buy it? Or you already bought it and your dad wanted to kill you when he saw it? Yes, this is the issue, believe me, not all outfits are cute, especially to a guy. In this culture, it's very hard to just find a pair of jeans, I've tried to find at least one new pair for a month and all i found was skintight killers. I've looked for new shirts that didn't have flirty or arrogant sayings, I've looked dresses that weren't skin tight, yet, i fail on my search. Why? Cuz in this culture they believe "Anything goes", but is that true? Should us girls expose our hidden beauty? Should we go around showing way to much skin, and making guys mouths drop? The answer is no, and if you want to live that life go ahead, stop reading this and go wear your short skirts, and skinny jeans, but you'll miss out on something far greater. Let me tell you the life that these immodest girls have to face. They have to face jerky boyfriends who only date them for their bodies, and leave after they get what they want. [i dont think we have to say it,] Not all guys are jerks, it's just that they can do some pretty crazy things when they see girls dressed in that manner. Even some christians do this! Yikes! Guys don't respect girls who dress that way, why? Cuz, it shows she's insecure, she wants attention, and she'll drive them bonkers to get it. Guys are thankful to girls who dress in a way that pleases God, at least the godly ones are. Even ungodly guys would never marry half the girls they date, they would rather have a modest one that's, "pure and worth fighting for." What about the modest girls? Well, they have respect from guys, modesty is very attractive, and they are pleasing to God. They are saving themselves for the man they marry, and not letting her body be a display for all to see. And many man would do anything to marry a woman like that. See my point? Immodesty is wrong. It drives guys to ungodly, and sinful thoughts. That's why purity and modesty are both big topics. I hope i haven't discouraged you, or made you mad. If you liked this topic please comment below and if you have a topic you want me to discuss please, please let me know! Very Happy well, anyway, love yu all!
----The dreamer of dreams
Maria
Maria
Maria
Maria

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

The issue of modesty :: Comments

Samansa14

Post 25th February 2013, 1:22 pm by Samansa14

That was very good, Mary. You made excellent points, and it was well put together. Great job. (:

Back to top Go down

capeng

Post 25th February 2013, 2:28 pm by capeng

Nice Job!

Back to top Go down

Maria

Post 25th February 2013, 2:29 pm by Maria

Thanks guys! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Suzy

Post 25th February 2013, 6:51 pm by Suzy

Wow! This is wonderful, Mary! Thank you for writing and sharing these thoughts. I often have issues with modesty, and have to be careful. Thankfully, I have very discerning big brothers who love and care about me. In fact, just the other day I was wearing a new dress for church, and while I was brushing my teeth, my older brother, Max walked in. He looked kind of skeptical and said "Did mom let you buy that?" I just nodded, and he hesitated. After a few moments he quietly said, "Why don't you wear one of your pretty jackets over it."
At first, I was rather bothered with him. I liked the dress just the way it was...but finally (and a little grudgingly) I put a jacket on over it. Later he told me how glad he was I did, and talked a bit more about how guys feel when seeing immodesty. While I was aggravated with him then, I'm glad I did it. Modesty is definitly the best policy.

Back to top Go down

Bren

Post 25th February 2013, 8:39 pm by Bren

This'll probably seem off the wall to some. What's sad is in our youth group, the young laides wear skirts but don't bother to cover their knees. One thing we've always done is have the youth sit up front. It's sad when you have to bring a coat to cover your knees. Also, since our youth group has really grown lately, the older guys have moved to the far right section. The issue with that is it's at a slight angle and the girls pew is in the line of eyesight. If I wanted to see their knees then I'd tell them so.

Back to top Go down

Sko

Post 25th February 2013, 9:20 pm by Sko

That's one of the many perks of sitting in the front: no distractions of any kind. Usually, I'm the only person in the front row at youth group.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down