Campbell County
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 329 on 4th July 2021, 4:18 am
Top posting users this month
No user

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

Life's greatest lesson

Go down

Life's greatest lesson Empty Life's greatest lesson

Hello my dears! As some of you know, I'm getting really sick of glasses. Originally, I was gonna wait till my 15th birthday for contacts, (you see, my mother promised them as a birthday present) I was soooo excited, but now they've been paying for a lot of car stuff because they keep breaking down, so being the "sweet" daughter I am I decided to save up for them my self. It was going pretty well, too! Until my employer didn't pay me as much as she was going to. That hurt, a lot, knowing that my plans fell through. I felt so mad. Plus the "Luke" in my life had been on my mind a lot lately. Hadn't the Lord asked me the same question over and over in my heart? All I heard was "aren't I enough?" "Yes, Lord!" My heart cried out. Oh, how he was the desire of my heart! Yet, Luke was the desire of my flesh. I think most of us are pretty young, between the ages of 14-17. Maybe your younger, or older, and maybe even in the middle. But no matter what age you are, there's one lesson that is SO important. I finally decided to memorize this verse. It's Proverbs chapter 3, verses 5-6. It says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths."

I sat there, re reading the two verses. I finally prayed and asked God to show me what it meant. Finally, he whispered in my heart, and I got it. "That's it!!!" I shouted with glee! "This must mean, in whatever situation I am, I should include God!!!" I finally understood, with God's help. I now pray about almost everything. About guys, my desires, my dreams, my goals, everything. I even tell God how my day went, even though he saw it all! Haha, it sounds kinda funny when I say it aloud. But, I like telling God things. It's really nice, knowing I can tell the love of my life everything, and he cares about it, too. Not to long ago, I prayed an interesting prayer, one I had never prayed before. I said "Dear Lord, I don't even know what I'm saying, but please let your desires become mine. Here am I, Lord. Send me." I didn't even know what I was praying, really, I didn't. And now? Wow, I'm starting to wanna talk about Jesus all the time. I sometimes read my bible 2, 3 times a day. It's crazy. In a good way, lol. No, it's nothing I did. Jesus did it all. Life isn't about me, it never was. What is life about? It's about the one thing that will always matter. No, it's not about fashion, it's not about looking like Hollywood, it's not about getting so much money and buying everything, it's not about owning the most cars, (and no girls, it's not about getting a boyfriend... Wink) Its about serving and glorifying the Lord. It's about telling people about his gift to man. It's about reflecting Christ to unsaved and saved people alike. You can't do this on your own, you need Christ's help. Don't live a "me" centered life, live a Christ centered one. Because this, my friends, is one of life's greatest lessons. Love you all! Thanks for all the love and encouragement during these hard days. (:

Love, The Dreamer of Dreams <3
Maria
Maria
Maria
Maria

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Life's greatest lesson :: Comments

Sko

Post 24th August 2013, 11:12 pm by Sko

Maria wrote:This must mean, in whatever situation I am, I should include God!!!
Hmm, I've never thought about it like that before. Including God, not just thinking about God, in everything. That's a really good way to put it.

Back to top Go down

Maria

Post 24th August 2013, 11:14 pm by Maria

Why thank you! *humbly bows, but as always falls off stage* Ahhh! alrighty, will someone catch this damsel in distress?
Ahhhhh your pic!! Really ry!! Oh you are bad....

Back to top Go down

Sko

Post 24th August 2013, 11:34 pm by Sko

Maria wrote:Why thank you! *humbly bows, but as always falls off stage* Ahhh! alrighty, will someone catch this damsel in distress?
Stage? What stage? I thought this was a blog... maybe that stage just appeared outta nowhere to facilitate the beautiful girl falling stereotype... yeah, I'm overanalyzing this, bear with me. So, this stage appears out of nowhere. That's not possible, maybe it beamed down? In which case we're in Star Trek. Yes! I get to keep the Spock avatar! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Samansa14

Post 25th August 2013, 4:13 am by Samansa14

Sko wrote:
Maria wrote:Why thank you! *humbly bows, but as always falls off stage* Ahhh! alrighty, will someone catch this damsel in distress?
Stage? What stage? I thought this was a blog... maybe that stage just appeared outta nowhere to facilitate the beautiful girl falling stereotype... yeah, I'm overanalyzing this, bear with me. So, this stage appears out of nowhere. That's not possible, maybe it beamed down? In which case we're in Star Trek. Yes! I get to keep the Spock avatar! Very Happy
Sko, Sko, Sko. I do believe you just made my day.

Also, I too liked the way you worded that, Mary. This was really good. =)

Back to top Go down

Maria

Post 25th August 2013, 3:23 pm by Maria

Ryan!!!! Oooh!! If you drop me......lol Oh I got a compliment? Score!!! ;)Thanks sis, which part? Tongue out

Back to top Go down

Post 27th August 2013, 12:46 pm by Thor's Hammer

Yeah where is dem like button? I learned this verse along time ago but only recently have I really put it into practice.

Back to top Go down

Maria

Post 27th August 2013, 3:01 pm by Maria

Hahahahaha thanks.... ;)And good job!!!

Back to top Go down

Sunshine

Post 31st August 2013, 9:05 pm by Sunshine

Maria wrote:Life isn't about [Sunny], it never was.
I meant to comment sooner on this post... but here I am.  Anyway, the first time I read this, the above quoted sentence stuck out to me, because I immediately turned it around to evaluate my own life.  Seriously, I don't know why, but sometimes I find myself "doing the right thing" to gain benefit for myself, and that's the exact opposite meaning of the Gospel.
It's really good reading your posts, Mary.  Not only is it awesome seeing you grow towards Jesus ♥, but also, God's using it so much to change me, and help me realize where I am in my spiritual life.
Thanks so much!  *hugs*

Back to top Go down

Maria

Post 31st August 2013, 9:14 pm by Maria

Oh my gosh i'm so happy for you! <3 I have a newest post if you wanna check it out (: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down