Campbell County
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 329 on 4th July 2021, 4:18 am
Top posting users this month
No user

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

What Book Are You Currently Reading?

+33
CD333
Metal15
Thor's Hammer
Sko
AudPod
Amarinda
Agent 86
Suzy
Jesusfreak97
capeng
godisawesomeness99
Marvin DeSanchez
underseasie
Maria
Samansa14
RyanCummings
Aftershocker
orangie
GJoy
Stella C
HannahJ.
snubs
Arkán Dreamwalker
fodo14
Sunshine
CreativeThinker101
SparkyHappyGiraffe
T.S. (myself)
Bren
The Old Judge
sheltiez
Kaida
Pound Foolish
37 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What Book Are You Currently Reading? - Page 4 Empty What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Post by Pound Foolish 28th July 2012, 7:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

At the moment, I'm working on Emma and The Picture of Dorian Gray. They intrigue me. Oscar Wilde's wit shines as always in Dorian, so far, and his characters in here are, to me, some of his best.

Pound Foolish

Back to top Go down

What Book Are You Currently Reading? - Page 4 Empty Re: What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Post by Thor's Hammer 13th July 2013, 4:17 pm

Yes unabridged just finished almost cried at the ending, but how can so many men fall in love with the same women.

Thor's Hammer

Back to top Go down

What Book Are You Currently Reading? - Page 4 Empty Re: What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Post by HannahJ. 13th July 2013, 5:14 pm

Nothing thank God!
HannahJ.
HannahJ.

http://me4theking.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarinda 13th July 2013, 5:15 pm

HannahJ. wrote:Nothing thank God!

you're not reading anything and you are thanking God? why?

Amarinda

Back to top Go down

Post by HannahJ. 13th July 2013, 5:17 pm

Amarinda wrote:

Cuz my school is based on reading.. I read like 4 books a day =P Summer is welcome. i love reading but I like having a break sometimes =D
HannahJ.
HannahJ.

http://me4theking.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thor's Hammer 13th July 2013, 5:28 pm

That is a lot of reading.

Thor's Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarinda 15th July 2013, 6:08 pm

HannahJ. wrote:
Amarinda wrote:

Cuz my school is based on reading.. I read like 4 books a day =P Summer is welcome. i love reading but I like having a break sometimes =D

ah ok ya that is a lot of reading. are they boring books? because if they are school books then they probably are lol

Amarinda

Back to top Go down

Post by Renae 18th July 2013, 5:46 pm

Pound Foolish wrote:At the moment, I'm working on Emma and The Picture of Dorian Gray. They intrigue me. Oscar Wilde's wit shines as always in Dorian, so far, and his characters in here are, to me, some of his best.

YES. Emma is a good good choice! Tell me how you like it! Yes
Renae
Renae

Location : ...I'll be in a different place every time you read this...

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria 18th July 2013, 7:48 pm

Ummm i'm "reading" alot of books, but i get sooooo busy i never finish them
Maria
Maria
Maria
Maria

Back to top Go down

Post by sing 4 joy 18th July 2013, 9:32 pm

The Negiotator  by Dee henderson

sing 4 joy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesusfreak97 15th August 2013, 5:03 pm

Summer of the Midnight sun by Tracie Peterson. <3
Jesusfreak97
Jesusfreak97
Elected Official
Elected Official

http://beautyfromashes2013.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thor's Hammer 16th August 2013, 11:16 am

Not a Sparrow Falls. Kinda boring and not very well written.

Thor's Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Renae 16th August 2013, 2:30 pm

Have any of you guys heard of the new books The Selection and The Elite? Neutral
Renae
Renae

Back to top Go down

Post by Larkspur 19th August 2013, 9:02 pm

Maria wrote:Ummm i'm "reading" alot of books, but i get sooooo busy i never finish them
Well put Maria. I have several books that I started and never finished.  Currently I'm reading Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, and I'm finding it fascinating.  I realize that some people may not like it because the the old English, but I'm rather fond of things and books that consist of old English.
Larkspur
Larkspur

Back to top Go down

Post by Renae 20th August 2013, 11:42 am

YES. I looove Old English! 
I think the more you read the more easy it becomes to understand. 

I also like the Jane Austen time period, and am currently reading Adam Bede. Mrgreen
Renae
Renae

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella C 21st August 2013, 11:07 pm

I read The Selection! It was pretty good... Reminded me of a modern-day Esther. To an extent. Is The Elite the next book or something? I am interested to see what happens.

Has anyone read Cinder? Its written by Marrissa Meyer, and it's a very intriguing read (If, you know, your interested in a futuristic world with robots, that is Wink )! My dad even liked it, which speaks volumes in my house.

Currently, I'm reading Ender's Game, which I'm not sure if I'll finish... First chapter had a bunch of swear words Tongue out I hate it when books that look good end being spoiled by a bunch of foul language...

Never judge a book by its cover" Whistle
Stella C
Stella C
Birthday Bash 2012 VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by KF 22nd August 2013, 2:30 am

Stella C. wrote:Currently, I'm reading Ender's Game, which I'm not sure if I'll finish... First chapter had a bunch of swear words Tongue out I hate it when books that look good end being spoiled by a bunch of foul language...
Ender's Game is one of my favorite books. There is some language in it and I forget how much. However, if that isn't an issue, I found it delightful.
KF
KF
CC Veteran
CC Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine 23rd August 2013, 9:03 pm

I'm in the middle of reading, "When God Writes Your Love Story," by Eric and Leslie Ludy.  While I can't say I'm wild about reading such a book (it's from a really good Christian perspective, it's just not exactly something I LOVE to read [no pun intended]), I do want to get the right perspective on what may come in my future.

By the way, is it just me, or have any of the rest of you heard of these book authors?
Sunshine
Sunshine

Back to top Go down

Post by Renae 24th August 2013, 12:32 pm

Stella C. wrote:I read The Selection! It was pretty good... Reminded me of a modern-day Esther. To an extent. Is The Elite the next book or something? I am interested to see what happens.
I love the plot and all the twists the author incorporates in the book are awesome!! But it can get a little too.. "touchy" (?) at some points :/
However, YES, The Elite is the next book and I heard that the last book will be called The One. Yes
Renae
Renae

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella C 24th August 2013, 2:20 pm

Hehe, that's why I said "to an extent" Wink Ya, I did skip a page or two in there, but it was pretty good.
Stella C
Stella C
Birthday Bash 2012 VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by orangie 24th August 2013, 6:49 pm

I am reading the Princesses Bride by Willliam Goldman. Has anyone here read that?
orangie
orangie

Location : I'm not at liberty to discuss this with anyone. That means you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria 25th August 2013, 3:51 pm

I have one i have one! Okay, *ahem* I'm reading.....*drum role* My bible!!!! Mrgreen
Maria
Maria
Maria
Maria

Back to top Go down

Post by Thor's Hammer 27th August 2013, 12:47 pm

Well right now I am in the limbo between books. Though I am reading my Bible for my 10th time.

Thor's Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarinda 29th August 2013, 4:19 pm

like reading the intire Bible, Jake? i could never do that...

Amarinda

Back to top Go down

Post by Samansa14 29th August 2013, 5:10 pm

Larkspur wrote:
Maria wrote:Ummm i'm "reading" alot of books, but i get sooooo busy i never finish them
Well put Maria. I have several books that I started and never finished.  Currently I'm reading Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, and I'm finding it fascinating.  I realize that some people may not like it because the the old English, but I'm rather fond of things and books that consist of old English.
Yes. Yes. Yes. Ye olde English is the best. ^_^

"But, soft! What light through yonder window breaks?
It is the east, and Juliet is the sun."

In love
Samansa14
Samansa14

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella C 29th August 2013, 8:23 pm

"Romeo! Romeo! Let down you hair!" To quote Curt Stevens Whistle
Stella C
Stella C
Birthday Bash 2012 VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next