Campbell County
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 329 on 4th July 2021, 4:18 am
Top posting users this month
No user

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

A New Sewing Project

Go down

A New Sewing Project Empty A New Sewing Project

So, as you may know, I really enjoy doing needlecrafts.  For a while, I've only hand-sewed (which takes a longggg time!).  But this summer, a lady at my church showed me how to use our sewing machine (which normally sits in the basement, untouched).

Even though I'm familiar with sewing terms, and know in general how to sew, the biggest project I've ever taken on is sewing fitted skirts for myself.  A few days ago, the same lady who helped me learn to use the sewing machine, offered to help me make an entire dress!
Endeavoring to make a dress is not something I would do on my own, but this lady knows what she's doing, so... I'm about to sew an entire dress!  Shocked

Yesterday, she went with my mom and I to a couple of fabric stores.  I was hoping to find a light knit, but the prints were nothing close to what I was looking for.  So I settled for a calico print.  For any of you who may not have been in a fabric store, there is a HUGE variety of calicoes.  happy dance  Yesterday, I washed 5 whole yards of fabric, and ironed it.  I have never bought so much fabric at once.  o.o

A New Sewing Project 7b2e2240-4be1-4eb3-ad1e-c3e9b4404d07_zps734a42b8

Needless to say, I'm very happy with the color of the fabric.  I'm so thankful that the LORD has brought this opportunity into my life, and I think I will learn a lot through making this project.  Yes
Sunshine
Sunshine

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

A New Sewing Project :: Comments

Samansa14

Post 7th August 2013, 5:27 pm by Samansa14

Oooo, I bet it turns out wonderfully! I can't wait to see! (:

Back to top Go down

Post 7th August 2013, 7:01 pm by Whittifer

I love to sew! Hope you have fun on your little big project!

Back to top Go down

Post 10th August 2013, 12:34 pm by Thor's Hammer

Cool and not so cool. Wink

Back to top Go down

Sunshine

Post 14th August 2013, 5:57 pm by Sunshine

Thanks, Sam and Wittifer.

@Thor: Haha.  x)

Back to top Go down

Post 16th August 2013, 6:52 pm by sing 4 joy

Ah! Dresses. Fun. and maddening. depends on your mood...... ;-)

Back to top Go down

Sunshine

Post 16th August 2013, 7:47 pm by Sunshine

sing 4 joy wrote:Ah! Dresses. Fun. and maddening. depends on your mood...... ;-)
Haha.  Like I said, if I didn't have the aid of someone who already knows what she's doing, I would not take on such a project (in reply to the maddening part).  
I'll admit, I can get in a bit of a mood during sewing.  I like to be left to myself when sewing, so it can be a bit trying at times.  Wink  Praise the LORD for His all sufficient grace that He gives freely to us!

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down