Campbell County
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 329 on 4th July 2021, 4:18 am
Top posting users this month
No user

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

Matters of the Heart

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Matters of the Heart  Empty Matters of the Heart

I'm gonna start this off with a story.There once was a girl, we'll call her Elisabeth. She dreamed of meeting a man she would love till death do them part. She then met someone, his name was Luke. Luke wasn't what Elisabeth wanted, but Luke claimed he couldn't "live without" her, so she settled for him. Elisabeth loved children, Luke did not. Luke yelled at Elisabeth all the time, while Elisabeth dreamed of marrying someone gentle. Luke was not all the attractive to poor Elisabeth. Finally, after heart break after heartbreak, the Lord told Elisabeth that was NOT the man he had for her. Luke's heart being broken also, put up a good fight to hold her down, finally gave her up. Elisabeth felt free, but still was alone. She was afraid she'd be single forever! Finally, after praying, she met someone named Austin. Austin was everything Elisabeth dreamed of, inside and out! He had blue eyes, dark hair, he was tall, and a year older then Elisabeth. Elisabeth just couldn't help but fall! He was also a very godly man as well. He adored kids, had an amazing voice, and was very gentle to Elisabeth. Elisabeth was also everything our dear Austin dreamed of! She had blue eyes, just like his, as blue as could be! She had natural high lights with beautiful long hair. She had a heart for children like he did, and her singing voice complimented his. She loved talking, while he loved listening. It was perfect. God truly made them for each other.

Now, like my story? I won't say if it's true or not, you will find out someday. (: Elisabeth dreamed of a handsome godly man she would love, but she settled for Luke. Ooh how she settled. But when she let God write her love story, he brought her the man she was made for. Isn't it beautiful? Oh if only christian girls in our generation would give God the pen to their love story. Don't all us girls want an "Austin"? God knows what we "want", but also knows what we need and what will make us happy.

I'm gonna tell you another story. There was a boy who asked God to let him marry a tall, blonde girl with blue eyes, and he wanted her to have 3 sons. The boy quickly grew up and married a brunette with brown eyes, she was short and plump, and they had 3 daughters. The man was very happy, but half way through his life he realized God didn't give him what he wanted. He then asked God why he didn't give him his hearts desire. God smiled and said "You knew what you wanted, but i knew what would make you happy."

I love that story, makes me smile every time. It's true, how many times do we beg God for something, and he either says "yes, no, or wait" and when he says no we freak. I dont truly believe he just says those 3 things, i think he says it like this "Yes, because you deserve it. No, because you deserve better. And wait, cuz my best is yet to come." I am so thankful God doesn't give me everything i ask for. I would've had a pretty bad Boyfriend if he did. Instead, he gives me whats best for me. And thank him for that. Now what was the point of this? Never settle for a jerk. Never. I met someone so amazing, and I couldn't believe i almost settled for an abusive boy who didn't have a very good relationship with God. Here's a good pic that sums it up ladies, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

wow......i just stopped in my tracks when i read that. It's that amazingly true. So, what kind of man do you want your son to be? Marry someone like that. Your in my prayers! Love you all!
                                                            Love, The Dreamer of Dreams
Maria
Maria
Maria
Maria

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Matters of the Heart :: Comments

RyanCummings

Post 15th July 2013, 10:50 pm by RyanCummings

Pretty good post! God has our best interests in mind and he has a plan to give us exactly what we need when we need it. And he doesn't want us to settle for people we don't like just so we can be in a relationship. He wants us to enjoy our time before we become adults being kids.

Back to top Go down

capeng

Post 16th July 2013, 9:02 am by capeng

Nice.. I'm looking forward to hearing the end of the story...  *winks teasingly*

Back to top Go down

Post 16th July 2013, 2:01 pm by Thor's Hammer

True God gives us what we need not what we think we need.

Back to top Go down

Maria

Post 16th July 2013, 2:21 pm by Maria

OOHHHH flirting are we Gabe? ;)Better be careful, i got banned for that! :PAnd thanks! i can't wait to hear the end either! (:

Back to top Go down

Jesusfreak97

Post 16th July 2013, 7:41 pm by Jesusfreak97

That is a good Story Maria (: But how true. And how sad in a sense.

Tons of people think they know what is best for their life so they go looking for the wrong things in life, For happiness, Love, Yet they are missing exactly what they need. 1. Salvation. 2. To wait on God's Plan.
I know waiting is hard but We have no choice, Other than to wait on God. He works in his timing not ours. (:

Back to top Go down

Suzy

Post 17th July 2013, 12:24 am by Suzy

Excellent. You are a gifted writer, Maria...this post held some very wise thoughts. So many young people now want to rush into relationships, they don't really care who they settle with, or what that person may truly be like -underneath. All they care about is a pretty face and witty ways. There is so much, much more to a strong, Christian marital relationship then just that.
May you continue to grow in God's knowledge and wisdom as you wait for that perfect boy!

Back to top Go down

Post 17th July 2013, 10:36 am by Amarinda

is Elisabeth supposed to be you, Maria? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Jesusfreak97 on 17th July 2013, 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : My own reasons.)

Back to top Go down

Jesusfreak97

Post 17th July 2013, 11:32 am by Jesusfreak97

Suzy wrote:Excellent. You are a gifted writer, Maria...this post held some very wise thoughts. So many young people now want to rush into relationships, they don't really care who they settle with, or what that person may truly be like -underneath. All they care about is a pretty face and witty ways. There is so much, much more to a strong, Christian marital relationship then just that.
May you continue to grow in God's knowledge and wisdom as you wait for that perfect boy!

Girl, I agree with everything you said (:

Back to top Go down

Maria

Post 17th July 2013, 12:28 pm by Maria

Ooh well, you'll find out one day Amarinda! :Dand thank you ladies!!

Back to top Go down

Post 17th July 2013, 12:33 pm by Amarinda

oh haha so it is you! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Maria

Post 17th July 2013, 12:34 pm by Maria

*cough cough* guilty is charged

Back to top Go down

Post 17th July 2013, 12:35 pm by Amarinda

Haha thought so. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Maria

Post 17th July 2013, 12:35 pm by Maria

*nervous laugh* ooh how did you know? did her awesomeness give it away? Tongue out

Back to top Go down

Sko

Post 17th July 2013, 2:39 pm by Sko

Maria wrote:*cough cough* guilty is charged

It's supposed to be guilty as charged. Just had to make sure someone mentioned it... Wink

Technically, "guilty is charged" is correct grammar, it's just not the accepted saying.

Back to top Go down

Maria

Post 17th July 2013, 2:40 pm by Maria

Ryan.....i hate you....... lol

Back to top Go down

Sko

Post 17th July 2013, 2:41 pm by Sko

Maria wrote:Ryan.....i hate you....... lol

*puts on sunglasses*

Guilty as charged. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post 17th July 2013, 2:42 pm by Amarinda

Maria wrote:*nervous laugh* ooh how did you know? did her awesomeness give it away? Tongue out

nope it's cause you are always talking about wanting a bf. lol

haha, Sko! I was going to tell her that but I wasn't supposed to be on so i had to get off.

Back to top Go down

Sko

Post 17th July 2013, 2:46 pm by Sko

Amarinda wrote:haha, Sko! I was going to tell her that but I wasn't supposed to be on so i had to get off.

Good, I'm not alone here. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Maria

Post 17th July 2013, 3:13 pm by Maria

And i said u were one of my besties ry?? i take that back......lol

Back to top Go down

Post 17th July 2013, 3:14 pm by Amarinda

Sko wrote:
Amarinda wrote:haha, Sko! I was going to tell her that but I wasn't supposed to be on so i had to get off.

Good, I'm not alone here. Very Happy
haha! guess not.

Back to top Go down

Maria

Post 17th July 2013, 3:15 pm by Maria

Ryan!! Grrrr stop influencing my friends

Back to top Go down

Post 17th July 2013, 3:30 pm by Amarinda

influencing? who are you talking about? and why are you calling him Ryan?

Back to top Go down

underseasie

Post 17th July 2013, 3:32 pm by underseasie

Amarinda wrote:influencing? who are you talking about? and why are you calling him Ryan?

Cause that's his name. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post 17th July 2013, 3:33 pm by Amarinda

oh his real name?

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next