Campbell County
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 329 on 4th July 2021, 4:18 am
Top posting users this month
No user

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

Choosing parts to build a computer is *hard*

Go down

Choosing parts to build a computer is *hard* Empty Choosing parts to build a computer is *hard*

Choosing parts to build a computer is *hard* Depmay11

Well, I'm about a week from the day I need to have a list of the parts I want to buy for my PC, and nothing is set in stone, except the case I'm using.

Today, the Cooler Master HAF 922 just decreased in price again. It's $90 (plus free shipping), which is $30 off its normal price. So, I went with that case. I ordered it today, and I should have it within a week.

Choosing parts to build a computer is *hard* Image_10

When I unbox it, I'll have my own pics to share.

So far, it looks like I'm going with an AMD A10-5800K, however, that could easily change quickly. After all, before today I was almost certain I'd get an Intel Core i5-3570K. But, I changed my mind.

As I'm sure I'll do again. Smile

But, here are the specs as of the time of this writing:

AMD 4-Core CPU, 3.8 GHz, 4.2 GHz Turbo (Overclockable to 7 GHz Shocked )

16 GB DDR3 RAM, 2 x 8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws

1 TB WD Green InteliPower energy efficient hard drive

Lite-On DVD RW Drive (48X)

630 Watt PSU (for when I buy a graphics card later)

So, what do you guys think?
Sko
Sko
On Vacation
On Vacation

http://tech.ryanhoots.com/

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Choosing parts to build a computer is *hard* :: Comments

God's Girl

Post 21st December 2012, 11:58 am by God's Girl

*looks at the picture, reads the post, smiles so that no one will notice that she has no clue what on earth he is talking about.*

Um, very nice Sko!

Back to top Go down

Sko

Post 21st December 2012, 12:08 pm by Sko

God's Girl wrote:*looks at the picture, reads the post, smiles so that no one will notice that she has no clue what on earth he is talking about.*

Um, very nice Sko!

A few weeks ago, I probably wouldn't know what I said either. I've been researching this stuff like crazy Smile

Back to top Go down

Post 21st December 2012, 12:13 pm by Thor's Hammer

Cool computer not that bad. 16 gb ram is pretty good. A gaming computer more like it and one TB isn't that bad. So why do I know what she is saying at least most of it. (Only thirteen I am)
Hopes for one himself.

Back to top Go down

Sko

Post 21st December 2012, 12:29 pm by Sko

conquestor wrote:Cool computer not that bad. 16 gb ram is pretty good. A gaming computer more like it and one TB isn't that bad. So why do I know what she is saying at least most of it. (Only thirteen I am)
Hopes for one himself.
'

This computer is going to be used for some gaming, but mostly video editing and stuff like that. If I wanted to spend an extra $250, I could get an Intel processor, but there's no point in spending extra money when the A10 can overclock to 7.3. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post 21st December 2012, 12:37 pm by Thor's Hammer

Yeah my computer can't really do much video editing... Though it is pretty good and plays most games not really fast.

Back to top Go down

Sko

Post 21st December 2012, 12:42 pm by Sko

conquestor wrote:Yeah my computer can't really do much video editing... Though it is pretty good and plays most games not really fast.

That pretty much describes my old computer. It'll do almost everything "good enough", but I want one that can do everything perfectly. I had to sell it to get the money for this project.

Back to top Go down

Post 21st December 2012, 12:46 pm by Thor's Hammer

Cool that is pretty much what I want. Which is why my dream computer is a macbook pro.

Back to top Go down

Sko

Post 21st December 2012, 1:00 pm by Sko

conquestor wrote:Cool that is pretty much what I want. Which is why my dream computer is a macbook pro.

I'd love a macbook pro, but macs are just so expensive I don't think it's worth it. Also, desktop PCs are usually faster and more powerful, anyways. So, I'm going for the most power I can get for the least money spent.

Back to top Go down

Post 21st December 2012, 1:03 pm by Thor's Hammer

I agree on that point laptops are a little crowded in slowing them down.

Back to top Go down

Sko

Post 21st December 2012, 1:24 pm by Sko

conquestor wrote:I agree on that point laptops are a little crowded in slowing them down.

I don't what I'd do without my laptop, though. The extra price is worth it for the portability.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down