Campbell County
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 329 on 4th July 2021, 4:18 am
Top posting users this month
No user

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

I am possibly the only Dell fanboy

Go down

I am possibly the only Dell fanboy Empty I am possibly the only Dell fanboy

I'm using a Dell computer to type this post. My personal LAMP servers are Dells. In fact, I usually refuse to purchase any computer that's not made by Dell.

Why is this? It's because of an old statistic I discovered a few years ago: 100% of working computers in my house were Dell, and 100% of broken computers in my house were HP, Toshiba, or something other than Dell. In fact, I once got a Compaq laptop, which died within a week. My replacement was a Dell, and it's still going strong.

Of course, this statistic isn't true anymore. My dad has an Acer Chromebook, and it's obviously not Dell. In fact, I really like the little netbook (I also think that Dell should make a Chromebook). Also, my new PC (which is about two days away from being complete) doesn't use any Dell hardware, and I'm going to make 100% sure it works.

So, yeah, I'm a Dell fan. If anybody asks me for help choosing a computer, I say Dell. If I wasn't building my own PC right now, I'd get a Dell. But, I predict I won't be thinking this way much longer.

So far, when I think something is the best and should replace all of its rivals, I've gotten over it. For example, I thought Linux was the only worthwhile OS for a very long time. I still think it's the best, hands down. But, Windows 7 is also a great OS, and I actually like it better than some Linux distributions (such as Fedora).

Why am I posting about my love for Dell? Because I have little else to post about.

In news related to my DIY PC project, UPS has confirmed that I should have my replacement motherboard Wednesday. cheers
Sko
Sko
On Vacation
On Vacation

http://tech.ryanhoots.com/

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

I am possibly the only Dell fanboy :: Comments

Aftershocker

Post 21st January 2013, 9:28 pm by Aftershocker

I saw the word "Dell" and discontinued reading the rest.

JK. I am possibly the only Dell fanboy Icon_mrgreen

Congrats on the motherboard arrival time.

Back to top Go down

RyanCummings

Post 22nd January 2013, 8:50 am by RyanCummings

I don't know if I really care about the type of CPU, as long as the OS is Windows. All my life, I have had Windows as my operating system, and as you know Sko, I get very confused on other operating systems (You know, when I came to your house to make that music video, and couldn't figure out how to use Audacity on Linux, instead of the usual Windows version).

So I don't know that I really care about the version of the CPU. Mostly, it has been an HP for the last one or two years. Before that, it was my dad's old Thinkpad (Which suffered a painful death 2 years ago because it was so ancient).

Back to top Go down

Sko

Post 22nd January 2013, 11:24 am by Sko

Aftershocker wrote:I saw the word "Dell" and discontinued reading the rest.

JK. I am possibly the only Dell fanboy Icon_mrgreen

Congrats on the motherboard arrival time.

Thanks. Smile

I know, according to PC World Dell is one of the worst PC manufacturers today, but I really like their five-to-ten-year-old models. The cases the computers come in are also really nice, especially the Optiplex ones. Plenty of room to add awesome new stuff. For my next computer, I may just replace all the parts in my Optiplex, leaving the case alone.

RyanCummings wrote:I don't know if I really care about the type of CPU, as long as the OS is Windows. All my life, I have had Windows as my operating system, and as you know Sko, I get very confused on other operating systems (You know, when I came to your house to make that music video, and couldn't figure out how to use Audacity on Linux, instead of the usual Windows version).

The biggest problem people seem to have with Linux is that it's not Windows. When I first switched to Linux, it took me quite a while to figure things out. Thankfully, I had a book to help me through it. One of my dad's friends from college writes books about Linux, and one of our Windows PCs bought the farm, so we put Linux on it and it worked fine. I must have read that book ten times over.

RyanCummings wrote:So I don't know that I really care about the version of the CPU. Mostly, it has been an HP for the last one or two years. Before that, it was my dad's old Thinkpad (Which suffered a painful death 2 years ago because it was so ancient).

My Dell laptop (which I'm actually using to write this) is definitely due for a very painful death. It's more than seven years old. It still has a single-core processor. And get this- it's powered by an Intel Pentium M! The Pentium has been around longer than I have!

Back to top Go down

underseasie

Post 22nd January 2013, 2:13 pm by underseasie

Is there really a difference? I have an..*picks up laptop and searches for brand name* HP, and it's the most water-proof and awesome looking laptop I've seen. (Don't ask about the water-proof thing..you don't want to know Wink ) But since our desk computer is a Dell, I suppose I really haven't noticed much difference..

Back to top Go down

Sko

Post 22nd January 2013, 2:33 pm by Sko

underseasie wrote:Is there really a difference? I have an..*picks up laptop and searches for brand name* HP, and it's the most water-proof and awesome looking laptop I've seen. (Don't ask about the water-proof thing..you don't want to know Wink ) But since our desk computer is a Dell, I suppose I really haven't noticed much difference..

There really isn't much difference. I just like the Dell style, and Dell PCs seem to work exceptionally well on Linux.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum