Campbell County
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 329 on 4th July 2021, 4:18 am
Top posting users this month
No user

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

What I "Want", and how I'm getting it.

Go down

What I "Want", and how I'm getting it. Empty What I "Want", and how I'm getting it.

A while ago, I wrote up a list of things I wanted, and then boiled it down to the core desires. So, things like, "I want an Intel Core i7-3970X" would morph into, "I want people to be impressed with what I have or can do".

After some work, I came up with four things I really want.

• I want to feel loved (or, I want to have true friends).

• I want to have work, and responsibility.

• I want things to challenge my mind.

• I want to be creative, to make things worth making, to have a positive and lasting impact on the world.

Now, for some good news and bad news. The good news is, God satisfies all of those categories. cheers

The bad news is, I don't always go to God to satisfy those categories. Mad

As you guys know, I've been on quite a few web forums before. This is the third one I've been an admin on, and the fifth I've had some kind of admin or moderator job. The first forum I got on, which is what got me into forums in the first place, was a little forum I don't think I'll name. The point is, it's a forum for an open source video game I like. If you combine the forum and the game, all those categories are satisfied.

You've got "friends" who play the game, a responsibility to smite spammers (I was on the spam assassinating team), tons of technical problems to overcome, and the ability to help develop addons for the game (addons which I have spent days on end designing, coding, and documenting).

Of course, I'm not on that forum anymore, it was a major waste of time and effort, and the members were pretty offensive (the admins were hardly ever on, it's an anarchy).

So, what I'm getting at is, you should know what you want. What are your goals? How are you going about achieving them?
Sko
Sko
On Vacation
On Vacation

http://tech.ryanhoots.com/

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

What I "Want", and how I'm getting it. :: Comments

Batgirl

Post 8th March 2013, 6:01 pm by Batgirl

I know how you feel about the having "true friends" concept. I am struggling quite a bit about it, particularly, because in real life I'm shy. My goal is to overcome my fears and trust God. Is this a good answer to your question? scratch

Back to top Go down

Sko

Post 8th March 2013, 6:08 pm by Sko

Batgirl wrote:I know how you feel about the having "true friends" concept. I am struggling quite a bit about it, particularly, because in real life I'm shy. My goal is to overcome my fears and trust God. Is this a good answer to your question? scratch

Yeah, as I said, my big problem is I'm not relying on God like I should, in some areas of my life. Friendship's one of those.

Back to top Go down

Batgirl

Post 8th March 2013, 6:13 pm by Batgirl

What I "Want", and how I'm getting it. 856671 Oh I see now...

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum