Campbell County
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 329 on 4th July 2021, 4:18 am
Top posting users this month
No user

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

ALX Rant

Go down

ALX Rant Empty ALX Rant

[rant]

Right now, I'm typing this from my Linux computer. As you may or may not know, my computer talks to the internet through a little chip on the motherboard known as a NIC, or Network Interface Controller. My NIC requires a certain driver to work. This driver is known as the ALX driver, and it is specific to my hardware.

However, ALX isn't included in the Linux kernel, or any mainstream distributions, for that matter. Other NIC drivers are, but not ALX. Why? ALX is brand new. I have the latest and greatest hardware, and the developers of Linux haven't had time to get ALX working well enough to include in the kernel.

So, how am I on Campbell County right now?

You can download and install the ALX driver manually. I did that, even though it required a little more command line knowledge than usual. But, hey, that's what UNIX users like me do.

ALX Rant Tar
(I have trouble with tar sometimes, too.)

However, ALX isn't good enough to get in the kernel, which means I'm stuck with bugs. But, less bugs than Windows has.

[/rant]

Is there anything you want me to cover in my video "Sate of the County" address?
Sko
Sko
On Vacation
On Vacation

http://tech.ryanhoots.com/

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit