Campbell County
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 329 on 4th July 2021, 4:18 am
Top posting users this month
No user

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

My April Fool's Day Prank, 2013

Go down

My April Fool's Day Prank, 2013 Empty My April Fool's Day Prank, 2013

As I mentioned in the April Fool's Day topic, my prank is going to include reversable computer sabotage. Because none of my family members are on CC (yet), I thought I'd post my plan on here for you guys to see. If you want, you could try it yourself.

The target is the family general-purpose PC, which runs Linux Mint. The prank is I'm going to try to trick people into thinking I've installed Ubuntu Netbook Edition on it. For those of you who don't know the deal with Ubuntu netbook, it's pretty much just the most hated version of Ubuntu ever. Here's a screenshot:

My April Fool's Day Prank, 2013 Screenshot

Imagine using that on a desktop PC. Mad

The catch is that the target PC has a bunch of valuable stuff on it that I don't want to damage. Thankfully, I have a 100% identical PC lying around in my room.

This spare PC is pretty much doing nothing whatsoever. It's also the same model as the target PC. So, I hopped on over to the Ubuntu website, downloaded Ubuntu 10.10 Beta 1 Netbook Edition (which is over two years old at this point, by the way), and burned it onto a CD.

Right now, Ubuntu Netbook is installing. The plan is to remove the target PC from its usual place, and put the booby trapped PC in there. The next person to boot the computer will get a really outdated version of Unity.
Sko
Sko
On Vacation
On Vacation

http://tech.ryanhoots.com/

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

My April Fool's Day Prank, 2013 :: Comments

KF

Post 31st March 2013, 11:40 pm by KF

xD Nice man. Nice.

Back to top Go down

Marvin W.

Post 2nd April 2013, 12:26 pm by Marvin W.

That is possibly the evilest thing I can imagine.

Back to top Go down

Sko

Post 2nd April 2013, 12:41 pm by Sko

Marvin W. wrote:That is possibly the evilest thing I can imagine.

if I wanted to be really mean, I would have installed Unity on the actual family PC, not a simple lookalike. Cool

Back to top Go down

Marvin W.

Post 2nd April 2013, 12:59 pm by Marvin W.

Sko wrote:
Marvin W. wrote:That is possibly the evilest thing I can imagine.

if I wanted to be really mean, I would have installed Unity on the actual family PC, not a simple lookalike. Cool

This is true. Maybe it's not the evilest thing I can imagine. The real evilest thing would be installing Windows 8.

Back to top Go down

Post 2nd April 2013, 2:09 pm by Thor's Hammer

That is so mean but I hate all of those systems anyway. Microsoft or Apple for me.

Back to top Go down

Sko

Post 2nd April 2013, 4:07 pm by Sko

conquestor wrote:That is so mean but I hate all of those systems anyway. Microsoft or Apple for me.

You don't know what you're missing. Linux is pretty neat, after you figure out that it's not supposed to be identical to Windows. Smile

Marvin W. wrote:The real evilest thing would be installing Windows 8.My April Fool's Day Prank, 2013 Empty

affraid He said the deplorable words!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Marvin W.

Post 2nd April 2013, 5:46 pm by Marvin W.

Yeah, I have a few friends who use Linux. Even for Windows users, though, installing Windows 8 is an awful choice.

Back to top Go down

Sko

Post 2nd April 2013, 6:04 pm by Sko

Marvin W. wrote:Yeah, I have a few friends who use Linux. Even for Windows users, though, installing Windows 8 is an awful choice.

Yeah, I tried out the beta version when it was available for free, and I hated it. I couldn't see using it if MS paid me a million dollars to do it.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down